Proud

Dean led his latest hook up out of their motel room, John was going to be back soon and he didn't need to be caught

"Same time tomorrow?- I've got toys at my place"

Dean laughed "We'll see" The boy pushed him against the door of the room and kissed him harshly, Dean smiled and kissed him back

They were full on feeling each other up when Dean heard a car pull up, one quick glance and he saw the Impala right before them "Shit- my dad's here" He tried not be pushy so he gave the boy one more quick kiss before agreeing to 'hang out' the next day

But he knew his dad saw them

He quickly scurried back into the room thankful that Sam was at some afterschool nerd club "Dean" John said as he entered the room, closing the door

"Sir"

Dean flinched like John was gonna hit him when he saw his hand move but then cracked open his eye and saw his father was just looking at him with an indescribable look and he finally felt a hand on his shoulder "Dean..sit down"

Dean hesitantly did, bracing himself for whatever was going to happen next "I know I haven't always been the best father.. I've been scary and distant..but I love you and your brother I really do" He smiled a little "Hell if I'm being honest I guess I kind of always knew, the way you looked at boys looked pretty similar the way you looked at girls"

"You..you knew?"

"I wanted you to be sure, and I hoped that you would tell me when you were ready" He sighed heavily "I might be old fashioned but I'm not even going to try to tell you who to love- it doesn't make you less of a man, not to me- you're a Winchester..you're my son and if anyone ever tries to give you crap for who you are I know you'll give 'em hell"

Dean blinked a few times, taking a few seconds to process what his father was saying, part of him was waiting for the other shoe to drop "..You're okay with me being, like that- I can't- I can't help it I was-"

"You were born this way" John finished for him "I know I never say it but I'm proud of you Dean, you had to grow up so fast and you never once complained- you took care of your brother- yeah you made a few mistakes along the way but you were a kid, I shouldn't have put so much on you but you took it..you and Sam are the only things I got left of her, and you couldn't have made me more proud"

Dean didn't know why but he felt like he should ask his father before going in for hug because right now it was something he really wanted to do- but surprising him yet again his dad hugged him "I love you Dean, no matter how much of a dick I am I'll always love you"

~

"Dad?" Dean walked down the halls looking for his father and he found his bedroom door half opened peaking inside he saw John standing at his dresser looking at a picture frame he kept with a photo of him and Cas in it their rings were visible on their hands as they held each others faces kissing happily

"Dad?"

John turned around "You got married?"

Dean nodded "Yeah, a few years ago..his name is Castiel"

"The angel who saved you from hell" He started to understand, "Of course"

Dean nodded "..When me and Sam were attacked he was there..but he was different..it's not like I don't want you back because I do but he looked at me as if he had no clue that we were in love, and it hurt"

"I get it Dean..he's your Mary" He smiled "I'm happy for you, with all you had to deal with at least you had him" He loomed at the picture before looking back at Dean "He treat you well?"

"Better than I deserve"

John shrugged "Then I'm not gonna take that from you" He patted Dean on the shoulder "Let's just enjoy this dinner yeah?"

"Yeah"

~

I wanted some nice John!- so hope you enjoyed!