Thirty-Six

"Kat wake up," The prince nudged her shoulder a bit as he was currently sitting on the side of the bed hoping she will wake up, "You haven't eaten all day," He whispered as she moved to his side, "hey there sleepy beauty," He teased as he noticed she slowly opened her eyes.

Katara sat up as she saw Zuko place a tray on her lap, "How long have I been asleep for?" She asked as she looked outside their small window and noticed it was dark.

"Well, I didn't want to wake you up earlier since you weren't feeling good," He explained, "I was debating about it because you wanted to talk about something,"

Her eyes widen as she realized she never got to tell him, "Oh what I wanted to talk about was about kids," she started as the prince raised an eyebrow confused.

"Aren't we a bit young for kids," He commented, "I do want some kids though. Imagine seeing cute mini Kataras running around," He exclaimed as she struggled on how to form her words, "Wait, do you want kids right now?" He asked as she took a deep breath in and exhaled softly.

"I know its not the best time," She grabbed his hand as she held it, "I didn't exp-"

The prince stopped her, "Kat, do you have baby fever?" He interrupted her as he stood up. He looked at her before he realized maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Yes they are young, but there age is pointless— he's going to be crowned FireLord next week. The youngest one out of all of his past ancestors. The more he thought about it, the process of making a baby was something he didn't oppose too, "Okay, let's do it," He answered as Katara's eyes widen.

She quickly got out of the bed as she stood up to face the prince, "Zuko, I'm pregnant," She whispered as she stared intently at him waiting to see his reaction.

A flashback appeared into his mind, Varo was on the ground as she winced in pain from the electrical shock, "I had a vision of Katara, she was pregnant and by the looks of it— it might be recent," She explained as she struggled to talk anymore.

She was right. Her vision was correct and it means that she knew Katara would died if she hadn't taken it instead. The Prince couldn't believe it as he was stunned. He should of known that Katara was pregnant. A part of him assumed that Varo was talking a bit further in the future. He didn't know her vision would of been so recent.

"Zuko?" Katara questioned as she noticed how he was shocked. She began to panic on whether he was going to like the news or not, "Say something," She exclaimed as he was immediately brought back to reality.

"Your pregn—" He stopped as he looked down at her stomach, "I'm going to be a father?!" He exclaimed as he took a step forward and placed a hand on her stomach, "We are going to become a family!" He exclaimed happy as a smile formed on his face.

"Thank goodness your happy about the news," The waterbender sighed in relief, "I thought you would of been upset,"

"Upset? Who would be upset about being a father," He carried her as he placed her back on the bed. He gave her a kiss on her lips.

"Weren't you just say that we are to young," Katara crossed her arms as she was puzzled on his sudden change of attitude.

The prince scratched his head, "Well, realistically we are young but if it were to happen I wouldn't mind," He stated, "We are going to give him or her a wonderful home," He explained as he grabbed her hand, "Wait how long have you been pregnant?" He asked as he squeezed her hand gently.

"Varo knew," Katara answered as the prince's eyes widen, "She knew she was going to die trying to protect the baby," The waterbender looked down as she rubbed her stomach softly.

"When we get back, we will honor her," He explained as he hugged his fiancé. He didn't want to tell her what she had told him. If he did, Katara would of felt worst over the situation. She already felt bad about the whole situation but it wouldn't be good for their baby, "If it weren't for her I would of lost you and my child," he whispered as he placed a hand on her stomach.

"Are we there yet?" Aang questioned as they were all sitting at the deck playing some games. The prince shook his head as he was getting bored.

"Aang, its a three day trip," Sokka exclaimed as he threw the cards, "This is getting boring. How did you managed to be productive when you spent days chasing Aang?" He questioned the prince.

Zuko scratched his neck, "Well, my uncle knew how to make time pass. It would be his stories, jokes or pai sho," He explained as Sokka pouted.

"Why couldn't Sukki come or even Toph, she knows how to make things fun," He moped as the avatar agreed.

"She did say something about wanting to start an academy for metal-benders,"  Aang informed the group as Katara remembered that she invented it a while back.

"Honestly, Toph is a strong earth bender, its good that she wants to teach others of her new skills and start a whole new generations of metal-benders," Katara explained as she layed her head on Zuko's shoulder.

"Hey Katara, you look very tired. Are you still sick?" Aang asked as he looked at her concerned.

"Its probably cause we are in the waters and its giving me mixed reactions," She explained as he raised an eyebrow confused.

Katara sick because of us on a boat? That didn't seem right especially since they have traveled in boats a while back and she is a waterbender. He didn't believe for one bit.

Maybe its time Aang takes care of her like all those times she did for him.