Thirty-Five

"Kat? Are you okay?" The prince questioned as he knocked on the bathroom door. He saw her run in as he got out of the bed, "If your not feeling good, I don't think its best we travel," Zuko explained as the door opened.

"I'm fine," She responded as her hand was placed on her stomach, "I think I ate something bad," She mumbled but Zuko was still able to hear it.

He sighed as he carried his wife back to her bed, "I think you should rest for now til we have to leave," He explained as he joined her.

"We need to pack," Katara explained as Zuko chuckled.

"I'll pack, you rest for a bit," He ordered as he gave her a kiss on her forehead as he got up from the bed. He called in Zhilan as she was finally able to come back to the palace.

Her husband Ping and Zhilan went away in hiding when everything went bad but at the news of Zuko taking over she quickly came back, "I see Katara is still asleep," She chuckled as she was folding a few clothes.

"I think shes sick,"Zuko admitted as he looked at his fiancé, "She doesn't really eat as much and when she does she runs to the bathroom," He explained as Zhilan's mouth dropped, "Whats wrong?" He asked as Zhilan shook her head.

"Prince Zuko, if you want I can take over while you make sure everything is all good for your trip," She insisted as the prince thanked her as he left the room, "Katara, your pregnant aren't you," She stated as the waterbender turned around to face the servant.

"How did you know I was awake?" she questioned as she sat up on the bed.

"Katara, I know how you sleep by the many times I had to wake you up the in morning," She pointed out as she walked over to Katara and took a seat on the edge of her bed, "Why haven't you told Zuko about the baby?"

"He's very busy with setting up this trip," She explained as she placed her hand on her stomach. She grabbed the water from the cup on the nightstand as she rubbed it on her stomach, "I'm four weeks pregnant," She answered as it was probably back in ember island.

"Katara, is there something else?" Zhilan questioned as she knew the waterbender was lying.

"I didn't wanted to believe I was, its the reason Varo sacrificed herself. It all makes sense because I remember a week ago when she had touched me while we were heading to battle Azula she got a vision. I saw the look in her eyes and it was obvious that it was about me and Zuko. She even mumbled something under her breath. You know the glint in your eyes that appears at the mention of someone being pregnant— it appears because you are happy for them. She had that look before she snapped out of it," Katara explained as she looked at Zhilan. The servant remained quiet as she knew something else was bothering her.

"I thank Varo every morning for protecting you since I have grown to love you so much as a daughter," She started as she held Katara's hand, "And as someone who raised Zuko after Ursa left, I know theres more than what you want to admit," She explained.

Katara  saddened, "I know that I have always been motherly and caring to people but a part of me is sad that my child wont meet her grandparents expect for my father. She won't get to meet Zuko's parents for obvious reason and my mother. Ever since I was little I always thought my mother would be helping me raise a baby but I won't get to have that,"

Zhilan nodded in understanding, "You have me—don't you?" She asked as Katara sent her a smile.

"Thank you Zhilan,"

The door suddenly opened as Sokka walked in, "Zuko sent me here to help load your stuff in the ship," 

Zhilan stood up as she quickly finished the last pile of clothes, "You can start taking these,"She pointed out as Sokka nodded. Aang came in and offered to help as Katara sat up.

"You guys don't have to help," Katara insisted as Aang walked towards her.

"Well you are going to be royalty soon," He winked as she rolled her eyes, "Also Zuko told us that you haven't been feeling good so its the least that we can do," He explained.

Katara got out the bed as Zhilan helped her, "Let's board the ship, Zuko must be waiting for you,"

As they all arrived onto the ship the prince was currently talking the captain meanwhile everyone was loading, "Why do you and Katara have so much stuff??" Sokka whined as he dropped the luggage.

Zuko excused himself from the ship, "Well, isn't it cold?" He asked as Sokka nodded.

"Well yeah but do you need all these stuff," He exclaimed as he only had one small crate with his stuff compared to the prince.

"Anyways, wheres Katara?" He questioned as Sokka pointed over at where Zhilan was currently talking to her. He walked over to them patiently waiting for them to finish talking. Zhilan noticed as she smiled to the prince.

"Hello Zuko," She greeted as Katara turned around to look at her fiancé.

"How are you feeling Katara?" He asked concerned as Zhilan excused herself from the two and headed inside one of the rooms.

"Katara?" She asked feeling weird that he called her by her name, "What happened to Kat?" She questioned as she crossed her arms.

Zuko chuckled softly as he got her hand, "You never answered my question," He pointed out as she sighed.

"Well, can I talk to you in our room?" She asked as he nodded.

"Yeah, let-"

"Hey, I don't get why we didn't just ride on Appa," Aang interrupted as he pointed at his bison who was currently sleeping on the deck, "He doesn't really fit on here,"

Katara mentally wanted to snap the fourteen-year-old as she wanted to speak to Zuko immediately, "Well Appa looks comfortable," The prince pointed out, "Besides won't Appa get tired of flying since the Fire Nation and the Southern Water Tribe are far from each other,"

"Hmm, I guess so," Aang mumbled, "Are you guys doing anything? We can play a game since it's a long journey,"

"Actually I need to talk to Zuko about something important," Katara explained as the air nomad waited, "Privately," She stated firmly.

The avatar pouted, "Can we do something after though?"

Katara nodded as he smiled happy, "Okay, I'm going to keep Sokka company until then," He stated as he ran off.

"Prince Zuko, the captain wishes to speak to you," One of the soldiers informed him as Katara was ready to throw the soldier overboard.

"Actually, I need to talk to my fiancé about something important can it wait?" Zuko explained as the soldier shook his head.

"I'm sorry Prince Zuko, apparently its urgent,"

Katara sighed as she looked at Zuko, "Its okay, I'll wait for you in our room," She stated as the prince felt bad.

"Are you sure?" He asked as the waterbender nodded, "You know you come first before anyone," He lowered his voice as he squeeze her hand softly.

"It's okay," She reassured as she gave him a peck on his lips before he left to follow the soldier.

Katara on the other hand decided to head inside her room and sleep until he returns.

Fire Nation: The Selectionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें