Forty One

Three weeks has passed since the wedding, the couple were now back in the Fire Nation. The past days were pretty hectic since celebrations were sprouting out about the new Firelord and his marriage. Traditions after traditions especially since they had the coronation of the New Firelord and his lady.

Katara was getting used to living inside the palace but still missed her home. She turned over to face her husband and gave him a kiss. He kissed back despite being asleep and wrapped his arms around her, "Zuko? Wake up, you promised you would come with me to a village," The FireLady whined. She began to pull away from his grasp but it wouldn't work since he was stronger compared to her.

"Let's just sleep in," He mumbled before he snuggled himself closer towards his wife. Katara pushed him away from her grasp as she managed to get out of the bed.

The bender left to bathe and get ready for their little adventure. Luckily for her, it would be just the two of them since everyone else were currently occupied. It still felt a bit odd not seeing her brother, the avatar and her other friends. She was slowly getting used to it since shes with her husband. Katara changed into an attire that made it easy for her in the woods.

Once she was done she turned to look at the Prince soundly asleep and with a mischievous grin she bended the water from the cup and splashed him with it, "Kat! Why did you do that?" He shot up quickly not liking the feeling of being wet.

"Get ready," She ordered before leaving the room and hoping to meet up with Zhilan. She headed to the kitchen where she knew thats where she would be.

Katara entered inside as many servants were rushing to set up the breakfast which was odd since most of the time its just Zuko and Katara. Uncle Iroh left a couple days back hoping to reopen his tea shop, "You guys are sure making lots of food for the Zuko and I..."Katara looked around knowing they won't even finish half of it.

The royal cook looked at the firelady, "We were told you would be bringing guests over this menu is mostly for dinner," He smiled, "Zhilan went out to pick fruits from the garden," He informed her as the bender nodded her head.

"Hey Kat," Zuko had caught her exiting the kitchen. He was currently wearing his Firelord attire, "You do know we are taking transportation to the village...why are you dressed like we are walking on foot," He pointed at her get up.

Katara's mouth dropped, "I forgot we aren't running around on foot like we used too," She sighed as Zuko followed her back into their bedroom, "Will we ever get to do that again?" She questioned.

The Firelord shook his head in disapproval, "No because for starters your with child and we don't need to anymore," He explained while Katara took off her pants and changed into a nice dress that was simple but formal.

A knock was heard on their door as Katara informed them to come inside, "Your majesty the carriages are ready," A guard stated before marching out.

"Lets go, I want to get back before dinner," Katara grabbed his hand and led him out through the halls.

Zuko saw a servant and asked if they can pack some breakfast for the ride since he was hungry and his wife will be too during the journey.

"Here let me help you," Zuko opened the door and helped Katara up on the carriage. She sat on one side as Zuko followed behind her with a dish covered with a cloth.

"I wasn't able to find Zhilan, I wanted to ask her if she will like to come with us," Katara whined while the Firebender uncovered his dish.

He took a bite of fresh Gruel, "You want some?" He offered as the FireLady scrunched up her nose.

"How spicy is it?" She questioned while he rolled his eyes, "Ever since you became Firelord you made the food extra spicy," She crossed her arms.

"Well I did say your pregnant so its pretty bland," He explained but decided to hand her a fruit tart, "They also packed us some tea into these cups," He explained passing one to Katara.