Twenty-Seven

"Which room?" Zuko mumbled under his breath as he was currently wandering our around in his own room. Ever since the incident in the morning he hasn't figured out on what to do— that was til he remembered his uncle mentioning a painting about his mother.

He scratched the back of his neck as he couldn't check all the paintings of her. There was too many in the castle to begin with.

There was also the thought of Katara. She couldn't escaped his mind. No matter how much he tried; he couldn't do it. With what they did last night— how can he? He loves her. In his heart he knew that if they happened to reunite he will forgive her in an instant. Besides, she probably had a good reason for it.

"Zuzu?"

The prince turned around as he looked at the doorway and spotted his younger sister leaning against the wall as she had a smile on her face, "What is it?" He questioned.

"Your not even going to thank me for exposing that water girl? She was using you Zuzu. Why would she fall inlove with a guy who's weakness is plastered on his face," She spat as she shook her head.

Zuko rolled his eyes at her words, "Azula, get out of my room," He stated in a serious tone catching the princess off guard, "Get out" He yelled out as he pushed her out and slammed the door.

He didn't care if she told on him. He wanted to be alone; no sister, no father and no servants. His eyes looked up towards the window as he can see the sun was already gone. The moon was shining bright as ever and made him stand up and close the curtains.

He now knew that he rises with the sun while she rise with the moon. Zuko was uncertain on how to remove the thoughts of the girl. Her blue eyes that lead him to the sea where she apparently had her secrets hidden.

"Mom? I don't know what to do," He whispered softly as he reached for the scrap picture of him with Ursa. Zuko had ripped out Azula and the FireLord when he was young, but he knew that if he ever found out— a punishment would be received. So, he hid it by his night stand.

Zuko closed his eyes as he laid down on his bed. He knew he wasn't going to get an answer, but a part of him wondered maybe he could if he tried really hard.

A knock on the door was heard as it opened slightly, "Zuko? We need to talk," He heard the voice of an older women as he sat up and met eyes of Zhilan. She closed the door behind him as she walked towards the prince.

She sat besides him as she wrapped her arms around him, "I'm sorry this all happened, but I really do believe Katara had a reason for it. It's so unlike her to fake all of this," She explained as she closed her eyes and pressed her forehead against the prince.

"Zhilan, I don't know what to do next," He explained as he looked down at his fingers, "The FireLord wants me to stay put while my uncle wants me to find a painting of my mom's," He exclaimed confused.

Zhilan remained quiet as she remembered a conversation with the general few weeks prior. She had bumped into him in the halls that cause him to drop a box full of handwritten letters. She hadn't thought much of it til she saw a familiar handwriting.

"Are those..." She pointed out as she looked at the letters. The general stood up as he collected them all and placed them into the box.

He nodded, "These are Ursa," He answered honestly as he waited for her to hand it back, "I recently found them hidden away, and I think this is the key for Zuko's future,"

"Iroh, you have to keep those hidden, who knows what can happen if it was Azula who bumped into you," She explained.

The general shook her head, "Not even her own daughter can figure out Ursa's handwriting," He explained as he held the box closer to his chest.