Five

All girls were now being seated onto the big table which meant that someone would be going home. The General had been occupied throughout the morning as he was ordering for a few arrangements in what dishes should be served. He enjoyed the first dinner that they had a few days ago and it excited him for the one tonight.

Hours later, each of the remaining girls joined in as they took a seat. He looked around each and every one of them as he began to clear his throat.
"Seeing how it's now been a couple of days, it was nice getting to know all fifteen girls, but unfortunately we will have to send three home tonight after dinner," General Iroh explained as Zuko looked at an empty seat. He couldn't help but be concern for the maiden especially when she was ill the day before.

Zhilan had reassured him that Katara would return today but it seem she hasn't gotten better.

His thoughts were interrupted as his younger sister began to whisper a few things in to his ears, "Who are you sending home?" She questioned curious in his decision.

His eyes narrowed, "You will soon find out," He answered as his attention return to some of the other girls who were currently speaking among each other.

He noticed one girl, Suki, looking around for Katara. She felt uneasy about the vacant seat next to her, and Zuko figured she wasn't inform about the maiden's condition. He got up from his seat and sat next to Suki, "Katara is still here if that's what you are wondering," He reassured as she let out a sigh of relief.

"I thought she had left or something," She admitted with a sigh, "Do you know where she is though?" She asked the prince.

"According to her caretaker, she hasn't been feeling well, but I do think she will return tomorrow," He stated firmly as Suki smiled upon the news.

"That means shes staying," She teased with a giggle escaping her lips. The Prince rolled his eyes.

"You two are close aren't ya?" He questioned as the warrior nodded.

She began to tell him how they met back when Katara had visited her island when doing some traveling before returning to Ba Sing Se. Suki made sure to be cautious about her answer since any slip of a wrong word can get both of them in trouble, "Her brother was with her at th3 time," She said looking down at her plate.

Zuko noticed how her attitude changed at the mention of Katara's brother, "How old is her brother to be exact?" Zuko asked interested.

"I think he's your age," Suki answered as she closed her eyes remembering her interaction with him, "We trained together for a day," She shared as a smile was still formed on her lips. When she closed her eyes, she can visually remember how they spent the day together when he went to seek her out and asked to be trained by her.

She also remembered how she rushed him away from the chaotic attack from the FireNation. She was sad that he had to go, but she knew that she would one day see him again.

"Suki?" Zuko asked, she opened her eyes and raised a brow interested on what the Prince had to say. "If you have feelings for him: Why are you here? If you don't mind me asking," He asked with interest towards the warrior.

"My fellow warriors convinced me to join as it would be a good chance to start a good relationship with the Island. And, they stated that I can move on from Sokka," She lied covering up her actual reason.

Zuko remained quiet for a bit as an idea struck him, "I'll keep you around then, that way I don't have to try for you since Sokka is still out there fighting in the war. And, maybe you can help me with your friend," He stated as Suki's eyes widen.

"Katara?" She asked surprised, "You got yourself a deal," She winked as Zuko got up and returned to his seat.

"What were you talking about?" Azula questioned as she had been eyeing the two for a while.