Twenty-Six

"I told you we couldn't trust him!" The avatar exclaimed as he was currently with the girls and Sokka.

Sokka rolled his eyes as he looked up to see his sister staring at the direction of the palace. He sighed before standing up and heading to the waterbender, "I don't think he's joining us," Sokka assured his sister.

"Well, I have no choice but to go after him," Katara mumbled under her breath.

"You're crazy. What if you get caught?" He questioned her as she shook her head.

"I know my way around the castle, and especially his room. I know Zuko, I know if he's staying there it's because of something," She explained as she turned around and walked passed her brother.

She rummaged through her old things and found a black attire that would fit the occasion, "Usually I'm okay with your decision, but I'm not letting you go after him. The best we can do is figure out a different plan that will overthrow the FireLord," He explained while Katara shook her head.

"Without Zuko, we won't accomplish anything."

Katara looked at her brother as she sat down the clothing, "Have you ever thought about whether he wants to see you?" Sokka questioned.

Upon hearing those words, she felt weak in the knees. Her strength disappeared as she had landed on the ground, "S-Sokka," She weeped as a tear escape from her eyes.

He knelt down as he wrapped his arms around him, "I know you feel heart broken, but think of it like this. He needs time, and if our Zuko knows what's right, he will come find us," He whispered as he felt her tears on his shoulder.

Suki looked over towards them as she felt bad for her friend, "Zuko isn't coming isn't he?" Varo questioned as she sighed, "I knew that room felt familiar," She pouted as a couple eyebrows where raised.

"Wait a second, wasn't that one of your visions?" Suki questioned as Varo nodded. The warrior remembered that Varo explained she got caught along with the general.

The girl nodded, "This is all my fault. I-I could
of stopped this and Prince Zuko would still be with us right now," She rambled on as her voice was shaking from the event earlier.

Mai reached over a gave her a hug, "It's okay, it's not your fault," She explained right after she pulled away. The skilled warrior stood up, "I can't stay here," She stated receiving looks from the others.

"You can't go back, Mai," Suki explained as she took a step forward and put emphasis on her words. Mai shook her head not caring on her words.

"I have to go find my uncle and my brother," She turned around and looked past the trees which was a small village. The path that will lead her home, "Knowing Azula, I know they aren't safe," She stated.

Varo looked at her hoping she wouldn't go, but she knew that Mai would leave regardless, and she was right. Mai walked and didn't turn to look back at the girls.

Of course she felt terrible about leaving, but her family were always going to be priority especially when she knew that she didn't belong in that group. All she hoped was that Varo would stick with them.

Suki sighed as she looked back at Sokka. The soldier returned, but without his little sister, "What now?" He asked looking at the Avatar and the girl beside him.

"We can figure something out," Aang reasoned as Toph crossed her arms. She was disappointed about the whole situation.

"Zuko was the only one that could of taught Aang fire bending," She mumbled loud enough for everyone to hear.

Sokka crossed his arms, "Look Toph, we will figure something out," he stated as he looked over at her before he ordered everyone to rest. They will figure out a different plan in the morning.

Meanwhile with Katara, she was currently looking at her necklace. The one that he made for her, "I wanted to tell you," She mumbled under breath as a tear escaped from her eyes. She closed her eyes angered with herself with the many chances that she ignored.

The night before she could of told him before opening herself to him. She knew that he is the one she wants to spend the rest of her life with. The prince was someone who understood her.

How stupid was she to not tell him. Everyone who had found out had told her to do so before he finds out from someone else. It didn't anger her how Azula found out. She couldn't blame anyone, but herself.

"Hey!" Katara heard an odd voice as she saw the short girl sit down next to her, "I think you should go after him,"

"What if he doesn't want to see me," Katara mumbled remembering the words of her brother.

"I talked to him before, and let me tell you: He really cares about you. He loves you, and I really do believe that he will understand what you did. It's obvious he's on our side, you just need to give him that further push," Toph explained.

Katara remained silent as she thought about her words. She had a point about needing that push, "Besides, from what I know about the general, Zuko carries his heart not the FireLord,"

"Your right," Katara mumbled as she placed her necklace in her pocket, "I should go after him," She quickly stood up as she wiped her tears away, "Will you cover for me?"

Toph stood up as she nodded facing the waterbender, "Of course," She answered as Katara smiled.

"I don't know where Aang and Sokka found you, but I'm glad they did. It's nice to have a strong girl like you on our side," Katara complimented as Toph looked away.

"I will tell you another day, but I do think you should head out before they wake up soon," Toph changed the subject as the two walked back to Katara's belongings.

It's been so long that she has seen her clothes, and she was happy that Aang have kept it for her, "You know what," Katara whispered to Toph, "I'm going to let him meet the real me," She stated as she grabbed her blue clothes.

She took off her red top with jewels as she folded it in her bag. Her skirt was easily off as she grabbed her blue dress and put it on. She tied the side as she slipped on her pants. It felt comfortable to be in pants once again. Katara hasn't worn pants since before the selection. Soon after, she digged deeper looking for her binding.

Quickly wrapping it around her wrist just as she had always wore them. She tore it and tucked it in to secure the binding from unwinding. "Hurry," She heard Toph whispered as Katara removed the fire piece pin and grabbed her beads to place in her hair. In a matter of a few seconds, she finished.

She turned and walked towards Toph who was rummaging through her own stuff, "What are you looking for?" She questioned but received no answer.

"Here," Toph handed her a black cape, "I get what your going for, but I'm pretty sure blue will stand out among the villagers," She explained as Katara rolled her eyes.

She clipped the cape and pulled up the hoodie, "I'll see you soon?"

"Bring him back,"