Prologue

"You are not joining this," Sokka exclaimed with anger in his voice. They were currently camping inside the Fire Nation but in disguise. "Katara would be put in danger if she gets close to Zuko," He reasoned while Katara looked at her brother in despair.

"Zuko doesn't know how you or I look like. Only Aang, we should be fine," The waterbender tried her best to convince her older brother, but it didn't seem to work. "The only description that Zuko gave out is that we were from the southern water tribe, and one of them is a waterbender. Aang and I discussed that I would say I'm from Ba Sing Se, the land known for refugees."

Sokka was undecided, but he knew that deep down that this was the only solution to overthrow the FireLord. "If we are lucky, maybe we can get the prince on our side," Aang mumbled to himself remembering the time where Zuko helped him escaped back when he was in disguise. He once told him, that maybe they could be friends.

"Katara, what if you end up winning this selection," Sokka stated with his arm crossed. He knew how much she valued her future and the thought of having a family. "Aren't you worried that you might end up falling in love with Zuko,"

She remained silent. The thought of love didn't come to mind. How can it, when they were in the middle of a war. Aang, on the other hand, spoke up for her, "Be serious Sokka, she isn't gullible enough to fall in love with Zuko. He's from the Fire Nation," He spat. A sense of jealous enranged in his blood.

"Don't worry," She ignored Aang's comment. "Besides, I signed up a couple days ago. And, I received the acceptance letter," Katara announced as she showed the white scroll.

Sokka rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms, "What was the point of telling me if you already signed up," He exclaimed.

She looked down at the scroll, "I wasn't asking for you permission. This must be done," She stated firmly as he took the scroll from her hands, and read it:

Dear Madien Katara,

You have been accepted to participate in the Selection. You among other nineteen girls would go through challenges, and meet the prince. The orders are to appear at the palace. No need to pack as the clothes are already provided.

Reading further below are guidelines or any questions regarding the selection. Please look over these, and abide by them.

"It says that you aren't allowed outside your room past eight," Sokka read one of the rules before he continued on reading the others.

"Well, maybe during those hours I can look around to see if theres anything that could help," Katara reasoned and nodded confidently. "Meanwhile, you two would continue on finding an earth bender teacher for Aang,"

"Who's going to help Aang with his water bending?" Sokka asked while Katara got up from her sitting position and looked inside her bag that was currently on Appa.

She returned with pages of detailed practices, "These should cover the two months that I would be gone,"

Aang accepted the pages as his eyes skimmed the detailed sheets that she written for each day. He admired how prepared she was. It was one of the amazing talents he liked about Katara. "It says you should be leaving right away," Sokka finished reading the scroll as he got up.

They all went on Appa. The palace was a fair distance to their current location, but with Appa they knew they would arrive in no time.

The ride was silent, and it troublesome the bender. She was having internal thoughts of Sokka's words. She possibly couldn't fall for the prince. He was the son of evil Fire Lord. She remembered hearing news around the village. They circled around the return of the prince.