Chapter 24

Beckett's POV

"Dude, what if she doesn't even show up?"

"Man, why are you so worried?"

"I... I don't..."

"Mr Graham! Would you care to explain why you are talking while I'm teaching?" I was feeling particularly snarky today and replied:

"Why are you teaching while I'm talking? Seriously lady, how many times have you recited how interesting the skin of a frog is?"

"Get. Out."

"With. Pleasure." I smiled and got up, strolling out of the room, bumping into Allison.

"Hello, Nerd."

"Hello, Beckett."

"What brings you here?"

"Note for the teacher."

"Beware, weirdo. The bitch is a bit cranky at the moment."

"Uh. Okay..."

I just nodded and walked away.

~*~*~

Night came and it was almost time for the dance. Ally had said she would meet me at the dance because she was meeting up with her friends, so it was just me and Tyler.

"Watch out for her tonight, please. My sister has gone through so much in her life, I want her to just have a good night for once," Tyler said, sitting on the couch.

"I promise I will."

"Thanks."

---------

/At the dance/

I looked around and saw no one that looked like the girl I was waiting for. When I was just about to give up and go home, she walked in, her arms linked with her friends, laughing. She looked absolutely beautiful. She looked around and when she saw me I nodded and waved to her. She exused herself and walked over to me. I could see everyone staring at her and she blushed, obviously feeling uncomfortable.

"Why is everyone staring?" She whispered.

"They're just jealous. They either want to be you or be me."

"Why would they want to be you or me?" She asked again, confused.

"Oh dear... Ally, they either want to be you becuase you look amazing, or they want to be me because I'm with you, and you, once again, look amazing. That's why."

"O-Oh..." She stuttered.

"Shall we?" I asked, pointing to the dance floor where people were dancing to 'The Days' by Avicii . The DJ had a really good taste in music. She laughed but agreed, and we danced around. We danced to a few other songs when the music was stopped and an announcement was going to be made.

"Hello everyone! As you know, I'm principal Rogers, and I'm here to-" she was cut off as the door of the auditorium was slammed open and three men in black suits holding guns walked in.

"If anyone runs, I shoot!" The first guy yelled. The second guy stepped next to the first.

"Where is Beckett Graham?" he yelled. I muttered 'oh shit'. I looked at the guys directly and cursed again.

"Here. What are you doing here?"

"Do we really need to go into detail?" Caleb asked.

"No. Get out of here. Leave them, no harm done to them, and I will come. Even scratch one of them? I won't. Understand?"

The guys lowered their guns and put them away. I walked in front of the school- well, tried to, but Ally was there.

"It's them, isn't it? The ones who destroyed the apartment?" I nodded, "Then I'm part of this too. Let's go."

"Wha- no- Ally!" I stuttered.

"What would you rather? Them, innocents, being shot at, or me just harmlessly coming with you. I'm sure I can find a brick somewhere.."

"I'd rather them being shot at than you coming! It's too dangerous and I don't want to see you hurt..."

"Aww thanks Beckett, but I don't care, move it."

"But-"

"That way," she said, pointing to the door the guys were at. We walked through it and Ally tried not to scream when two people came out of the shadows and punched all three in the face. The two people removed their masks and my jaw dropped.

"Mum? Dad?"

~*~*~*

"So let me get this straight. You, my adoptive parents, who I believed to be dead until now, are under cover police, and you had to convince me you were dead so I would be safe, but then Caleb and his men show up at my school and you just happen to be there to stop them."

"Yes."

"Okay..."

"Look we're really sorry we didn't tell you before."

"It's fine."

I walked into my room where Ally had a picture of me as a kid in it, and was smiling.

"You were very cute."

"Yeah I know, Now I'm just good looking."

"Shut up!" She shoved me and I laughed.

"You've never really told me about yourself Ally. Enlighten me?" She sighed and looked me in the eye.

"It was perfect one day. My family I mean. Catherine and I were best friends, and Ty was our amazing baby brother. But then, came her first boyfriend. She started pretending she was going to hang out with me then would ditch me for her boyfriend at the last minute. I was the only one that knew this, and she threatened me not got ell anyone. She had three boyfriends at once. She would always choose completely different ones, and then one day she brought one of them home, and he sort of... Um.. Started flirting with me, and then Catherine ripped him away from me and I was about to thank her for getting him off me, when she slapped me across the face. She had called me a little bitch and had told me she would kill me if I ever hit on her boyfriend again.

Then she started becoming worse, and I have a scar that runs down my side a bit where she had thrown a knife at me-" I lost my breath "-because I had 'stolen her friends'. Beckett, she was aiming for my heart. She would have killed her own sister if I hadn't turned my body. I tried to tell my parents to get her to have therapy, but she acted completely normal around them. All the cuts, bruises, or any sort of mark I got was meant to be a lie, that I was climbing a tree or something."

'Wow. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked." I felt like a total jerk.

"No it's okay, I'm probably the one who should be apologising. I've just rambled on about my past and acting like a whiny four year old. I'm glad I had someone to listen. I'm usually just told to 'shut the fuck up and get on with my life'. It means a lot that you listened. Thanks."

"No problem, really."

"Can we maybe try the 'perfect date' again some time?"

She laughed at me.

"So it's a date now?"

"It was always a date for me.

We both laughed.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hi everyone! I want to say a quick thank you to three of my best friends, @SkittlezAREcool , @FaNdOm-GiRl16 , and @Perkypineapple. They've all encouraged me to go on with this book, and read their books too!

Please take note than none of these chapters are proof-read/ edited, so let me know if something's wrong!

Also, sorry this chapter is shorter, this was more of a filler chapter.

Hopefully there were a few surprises in this chapter, comment and tell me what you think? It would make my day (:

Read, comment, vote!

Until next time,

-Caitlin.