Chapter 9

🔥Beckett🔥

After Ally had went upstairs, I immediately knew it was something I did wrong. Was it something I said? did? didn't do?

I looked at my parents and asked them if I could go up to check on her and mum ushered me up the stairs while my dad nodded. Trudging up the stairs, I went to knock on the door, when I heard sobs coming from the other side of the door. I immediately turned the handle and burst into the room and went straight to the figure on the bed.

"Ally. I'm sorry for whatever I did or didn't do or whatever I said. Please don't cry, please talk to me."

"Beckett, I said this only mere hours ago, I don't want to talk right now."

"I don't understand though!"

At this, Ally flew up into a sitting position and I wondered what was with the murderous look in her eyes.

When she started to yell, I found out.

"Beckett! For God's sake! I know you don't understand because I don't understand myself! I don't understand why I have a shit family! I don't understand why I don't have my own choices! I don't understand why I have to be in this position! I don't understand why the hell my parents ruined everything I was just because they wanted me to be like my sister and they couldn't just be happy for me! I don't understand any of it!"

Well, okay...

"Ally I-" I started, but was cut off.

"I don't want your damn pity!"

"O-okay..." I trailed off, and headed for the door. But before I was fully out the room, I heard Ally call me back in a soft voice.

"Look, I'm sorry. Things haven't exactly been the best today, but it's nothing you did."

I nodded in understanding and headed for the door, and this time, I wasn't interrupted.

~*~

Ring ring!

As the phone started to ring an hour later I walked into the living room to answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is Ally there?"

"Yeah, who's calling?"

"This is Ally's mother, Julie."

"Yeah I'll go get her."

As I trudged up the stairs with the phone in hand, I wondered why Julie didn't call Ally's mobile..

I got to Ally's room and knocked.

"Ally, someone's on the phone for you." I heard footsteps padding to the door and it soon swung open to reveal Ally. She reached out for the phone and I handed it to her and she shut the door. but I stood there, hopeful to hear some thing change in Ally's voice.

Nothing changed.

"Hello?"

"Oh. It's you."

"I will so use this attitude with you when you god damn don't give a second thought about crushing me when you made me quit two years ago today."

"I don't want to be like Catherine! Catherine ruined my life because you all wanted me to be like her! No one except for Tyler cares about what I want to do in life! Let me ask you one question to see how much you know about me; if I didn't become what I originally wanted, what do you think I would want to be?"

"A surgeon? This is exactly what I'm talking about! I want to be a teacher!"

"Yeah, 'oh' is about right!"

"Why the hell are you even calling?"

"To make sure? To ma- oh my god-" Ally started to laugh humourlessly, "-please tell me you're not serious! Mother, when you go back to your house, I won't be there. I've had enough of all of your crap and I don't care anymore! I'm moving out."

"I don't care! I'll find an apartment or something! All I know is, that I'm not living there anymore!"

"I don't care what you tell my father! It's not like either of you damn care!"

"Goodbye Julie."

Then I heard the phone's end button click and I quickly whipped out my phone and pulled something up so it didn't look like I was listening.

"You can ask all questions you have tomorrow, right now, I'm looking for apartments. Oh, and next time you eavesdrop, try to make it sound like you're not still outside someone's door."

At this I was stunned as I retrieved the phone. I opened my mouth to say something but Ally shook her head and once again slammed the door in my face.

Something was seriously wrong.

Walking down the stairs with the phone in hand, I bumped into my mum, who had a worried look on her face.

Oh.

"Beckett, what was Ally yelling about?"

"U-um.. I was trying to see if she was alright and she got mad at me?"

"How many times do I have to tell you this? You are a terrible liar."

"I-it's really not my place to tell.."

"Then I'll go ask Ally."

"Wha-" but I didn't get to finish my sentence because mum bolted up the stairs.

Shit.