Chapter 14

"Zach," I breathed out, making him lock eyes with me. He grinned a sly, evil grin at me and looked at the clock.

"I'm gonna take my break, be back in ten!" Zach shouted to one of the guys in the back. Tyler had run off to the counter to order while Zach hung up his apron and approached me.

Shit.

"Hey Al, how are you?" Zach asked with the sly grin still on his face. I scoffed.

"Like you give a shit."

"I'm hurt!" Zach put a hand on his chest.

"Bullshit. If you were, you wouldn't have that smug grin on your ugly face."

"Your sister didn't seem to think I was ugly when I was screwing her."

I gagged as tears welled up in my eyes.

He had to bring up Catherine, didn't he?

"Don't you ever speak to my sister about that foul blood sharer," I heard Tyler say to Zach. Zach whipped around to face Tyler and he smirked. Zach's back muscles tensed and I freaked out.

That only ever happened when he was about to hit someone. Zach brought his fist back, and I jumped in front of Tyler just in time.

Crack!

That was the sound of my nose. I let out a grunt of pain as I staggered back, into Tyler, and Zach looked at me with wide eyes. I looked back to see Tyler staring at me wide-eyed. I looked back to Tyler and let my hand fall from my face and stared menacingly at Zach.

"You broke me years ago when you played me for my sister. It ruined me and it ruined my sister. We were a happy family before you came along, Zach. I was not going to just stand there while you ruin the one and only person in my family who gives a shit about me."

Zach looked taken aback by my statement, which I was glad of.

"Go back to where you came from, Zach. Oh, and when you see the other one, tell her I'll see her in hell. Tyler, get your food and let's go."

I heard some rustling and then Tyler walked up to me. I walked around a stunned Zach and walked out of the shop. My nose was throbbing and I ducked inside another shop and asked for a first aid kit. The lady took one look at my face and freaked, starting to help me clean up my nose and gave me an ice pack. After she was finished I thanked her and Tyler and I made our way home.

"Why did you do it?" Tyler's question role the silence.

"Did what?"

"Protected me, and said what you said."

"I've had enough of him, I've had enough of being put down. I'm going to change from now on, and I'll be a sister you can look up to."

"I already look up to you, Al."

"Thanks."

Tyler smiled at me and was about to say something when my phone started to ring. I frowned in confusion and looked at my screen, but smiled when I saw who it was. The called ID read:

Jake ❤️

I smiled and pressed answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey gorgeous, whatcha doing?"

"Just out with my brother, why?"

"Well can you meet me at the front of the studio in ten minutes? I want to see you."

I smiled and looked at Tyler.

'Who is it?' Tyler mouthed and pointed to the phone.

'Jake.' I mouthed back. Tyler wiggled his eyebrows and I laughed.