Chapter 22

*Read the authors note at the end.*

💟 Allison 💟

"So what exactly happened, ma'am?" The police officer asked me.

"We were outside the court and Suzanne got angry at me and pushed me to the ground and started yelling at me and hitting me."

After I had fallen to the ground, Suzanne started screaming at me and calling me names, then started to slap me, while my father looked on and Beckett tried to get her off me, and Tyler called the police.

"Yes, ok. We will review the footage from the cameras at the court and let you know what we are doing."

"Okay, thanks."

"You're welcome, you're free to go."

Beckett, Tyler and myself all walked outside and to Beckett's car and got in. I sat in the car with my head in my hands as tears threatened to show their ugly selves and spill from my eyes.

This is all my fault. If I hadn't done all the stuff I did to get away from them, I would be miserable, but at least Tyler would have both his parents and a normal childhood. Oh my god what have I done? I've ruined everything.

"Ally, stop. You know it's not your fault. Stop fussing over me, my childhood was never normal, you haven't ruined anything!" My head snapped up to look at the two guys currently looking at me as Tyler yelled at me.

"He's right you know..." Beckett mumbled.

"Did I say that out loud?"

"Yes, Al. We heard it all."

~*~*~*~

"Hey Al, have you got a minute?" Beckett asked, standing at the door.

"Yeah sure, gimme a sec though," I said, hauling my dance bag over my shoulder.

"Hey," I said, walking up to him, "what's up?"

"Uh hi. I uh.. well I just. Uh, you know you can tell me anything, right?"

"Yeah of course, why?"

"Well, I'd want to know what you'd say if I told you that your sister just showed up at our front door."

My bag dropped from my shoulder as I started hyperventilating. Oh shit.

"Beckett. I need to change. Don't tell her I was heading out, she'll have my head. I'll be right back."

"Okay."

---

"What are you doing here, Catherine?" I asked- well, spat, at her.

"I'm just here to see my darling sister now that I'm in town. What's so wrong about that?"

I repressed the urge to shudder and thought about everything she had done to me. What she did to me with Zach before she left wasn't the first time she had hurt me. There were the numerous times when she literally tried to kill me, she called me names on a daily basis, and hurt me physically at least twice a week. I inwardly winced at our last conversation before she left.

'It was a lie. Every single moment I made it look like I cared about you, all fake. I did it just to keep my plan going, and you fell straight into my trap, because you always just wanted a sister who loved you and would sit around all day and fangirl about Harry Potter. Well I guess you'll have to find your own sister to gossip with. I hate you, and I couldn't care less what happens to you in the future. But you've always lived in my shadow, you're going to be nothing at school, nothing at home. Without me, your whole life is nothing. At the end of the day, you're just going to be known as the clingy sister of Catherine Parker.'