Chapter 8

🔥Beckett🔥

As I finished dancing an hour later, the thoughts I had previously blocked out of my head came rushing back to me.

Where's Ally?

Is she okay?

What is she doing?

And my favourite:

Who the hell is she?

As these thoughts swarmed in my head, I shook out my body and headed over to the stereo by the mirror and pulled my iPod from the dock. I got my iPod and bag and headed out of the studio, bidding goodbye to John and walking towards home. Getting home, I trudged up the stairs and was about to head to my room when I heard the music coming from Ally's bedroom. I walked down the hall and knocked on her door. Almost immediately I heard footsteps padding across the room to turn the music off then more footsteps approaching the door. Ally appeared soon after, and I was shocked. Her face was red and splotchy, and there were tear stains covering her face. Still, she put on a smile and asked,

"What can I do for you on this fine day?"

My eyes narrowed and I crossed my arms just by listening to her bullshit. Immediately, her face dropped, knowing she had been caught.

"Speak."

And once again, Ally avoided me by slamming the door in my face and locking it. I groaned and slammed my fist against the door.

"Ally, open the damn door and answer me!" I shouted.

"Beckett, I've told you way too much already!" She shouted back, then under her breath, obviously not quiet enough because I still heard her, "Damnit, why does he have to be a Gladiator?" At this I froze. How did she know I was a Gladiator? I voiced my thoughts. Ally whipped open the door and glared at my chest as she pointed to the top left corner of my shirt.

"It says it on your shirt, dumbass." I looked down, and sure enough, I was still wearing my dance uniform. What puzzled me though was, why did it matter? As Ally went to slam the door in my face yet again, I put my foot in between the door and the doorframe. As I stared at Ally, her head snapped up to look at me wide-eyed.

"Beckett, move. Your. Foot." Ally commanded in a dangerously low tone.

"No. I want answers," I replied, my tone just as low. Ally sighed and opened the door wider and gestured for me to come in. As I pulled my foot back and got ready to step inside her room, she pushed me back and slammed the door once again. Fucking. Hell. I groaned once again and stormed down the hall to my room and got ready to have a shower.

💟Allison💟

Oh. Poop. He could obviously see that I had been crying and I knew he remembered about what I said before, so avoiding him was going to backfire completely when I bumped into him next. Time to be the ninja inside of me! Trudging back over to my bed, I flopped down on it and pulled the covers up to my chin and tried to go to sleep, but before I could, I heard Beckett's voice again.

"Ally, where are you?"

I groaned and answered,

"In bed trying to sleep!"

Suddenly, the door flew open, making me jump. I looked over to Beckett who was holding up a key and staring over at me. Oh. He has a key.

Well, shit.

"Beckett! What the hell?"

"Ally, I told you I wanted answers and I'm going to damn well get them! First question; why is it such a big deal that I'm a Gladiator?"

I groaned once again and pulled the covers over my head.

"Beckett, one day soon I promise I'll answer every single question. But right now I feel absolutely horrible and I just want to be alone right now." I peeked out from under my covers and looked at Beckett, who was staring at the floor with a frown on his face. He finally threw his hands up in exasperation before grumbling a 'fine' and stalking out of the room, slamming the door shut. I jumped at the loud bang and rested my head against the pillow, and eventually fell asleep.

I woke up still feeling terrible, but I felt a tiny bit better. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and saw that it was almost dinner time at my house, but then I realised I had no idea what time this family ate dinner. I got up and walked to my door and opened it. On it was a blue post-it note and in neat handwriting, it said,

Ally,

We eat dinner at 6:30 so if you want to come down for dinner, we'll be in the dining room.

-Beck

I looked over at the clock and saw that it was 6:15, so I decided to change into something comfy and head downstairs for dinner. As I rounded the corner into the dining room, the sight that met me was adorable.Beckett's mum was in the kitchen that was attached to the dining room, finishing up dinner. As I looked to my left, Beckett and his dad were watching the football and cheering every time their respected team got a goal.

"Oh, Ally darling, are you joinging us for dinner?" I looked to my right where Mrs Graham was setting plates out for dinner while looking at me. I nodded my head and Mrs Graham let a warm smile grace her dainty lips. She nodded and asked me,

"Could you get the guys and tell them dinner's ready please?" I nodded and Mrs Graham thanked me. I walked over to the couch where Beckett and his father were sitting and announced, "dinner's ready." Beckett's eyes flickered over to me in surprise and he exclaimed,

"Ally, hey! Are you joining us for dinner?" I nodded and he grinned while he and his father got up from the couch. I walked back to the dining table and stood there awkwardly while everyone walked around to get to their seats. Once everyone was seated and we were about to eat, chatter erupted from the Graham family. As I listened to the conversation going around, I tensed up when I heard Beckett's dad ask Beckett,

"So, how's the Gladiator's routine going?"

"It's going great, dad. We've changed one bit though, you know where we spun around and then as we faced the front again we slid to the side so there was like a walkway down the middle? Well we've changed that and now as we spin around, we duck down. And as we duck down, we spring back up and the guys do a flip while the girls stay the same and they slide out, and then their partner, after the guy has done the flip, meets the girl and then we continue the dance," Beckett explained excitedly.

"Beckett, I bet that's gonna look awesome!" Beckett's dad praised.

"Honey, you're going to do fantastic!" Beckett's mum gushed. I looked down at my plate and saw that I had eaten two bits of the curly pasta, but that was it. I suddenly felt sick rethinking the Graham's words. Why? Because I wanted to be gushing to my parents about our routine and my parents actually support my dreams. I looked up at the Grahams and as Beckett was talking tactics for semi-finals, I cut in. Standing up, I asked to be excused. Mrs Graham nodded but she had a worried look in her eyes. I avoided looking Beckett's way and quickly dashed up the stairs to my room. I burst into my room and shut the door, walking over to my bed once again and falling asleep. Now I realised why I never went down to dinner.

They were everything I wanted my family to be.