Chapter 12

🔥Beckett🔥

As I walked down the streets and past the primary school, I accidentally bumped into a couple standing on the sidewalk.

As I went to apologise, I found it was Allison.

And a guy?

Poor guy.

"Oh, hi nerd. What, did you hire this guy?" I asked, pointing to the blonde.

"Excuse me?" the blonde butted in.

"Dude, you could do way better than this thing."

"Allison, what is he talking about?"

Alllison sighed and looked at me.

"Jake, this is Beckett, Beckett this is Jake, my boyfriend."

At this, I burst out laughing.

"What?" the dude- Jake- asked.

"H-have y-you see-een her a-at sch-ool oh god t-this is hilar-i-ous." I laughed, trying to pronounce my words properly. Jake squared his shoulders and stood up straight, then I realised that he was a bit taller than me.

Oh... shit.

Jake grabbed my shirt collar like I had so familiarly done to Allison at the shops the other day and growled.

"Listen here, you little shit. I don't know wwhat you've done fully to Allison at school but I don't like everything I've heard from her. And BAM! Surprise, motherfucker, I'm moving to your school tomorrow, so if you hurt her, I'll be there, and I swear, I won't be as nice next time." Jake growled.

Allison put a hand on Jake's shoulder.

"Jake, please leave him, let's go. Tyler, get your bag, we're going home." Jake's eyes softened when he heard Allison's voice.

And for once in my life, I thanked Allison.

Jake released my shirt and stepped back, turning to Allison, grabbing her and and pulling her along. As I watched them walk away, I slowly realised something.

Ally had never actually done anything wrong, I just saw her as the cliche nerd the cliche school picked on, and I had taken the roll of bully.

Oh my god.

~*~

As I walked up the driveway of my house, I repeatedly wracked my brain for anything she had done to make me be the way I had to her, but came up short.

As I walked through the door, my mum and dad both greeted me with smiles but their smiles soon dropped once they noticed the look on my face.

"Honey, what's wrong?" my mum asked.

"U-um, I just.. um.."

"Honey, what happened?"

"I just have a lot on my mind right now, I, um, think I'm just gonna get changed and go to the dance studio."

"Ok sweetie, call if you need anything."

"Will do, love you guys."

"Love you too." My parents said in unison.

I trudged up the stairs and walked to my room. I changed into my 'Gladiator' uniform, grabbed my dance bag and went downstairs.

Bidding goodbye to my parents, I walked out the door and went to the studio.

When I got there, I saw someone who I swear was lost.

"Ally?"

💟Allison💟

As I heard Beckett's voice, I whirled around, key in hand, and turned to face Beckett. Seeing him standing there, I dropped my bag in shock, sending it clattering to the floor.

So now he new that I danced.

"You dance?!" Beckett exclaimed. "Is this what you were doing when you snuck out?"

"U-uh B-Beckett, hey! Um, yeah... I dance, and this is what I was doing every time."

I turned to John quickly and squeaked out a meek 'thankyou' before grabbing my bag and disappearing down the hall to room 5.

As I plugged in my iPod, I couldn't stop thinking about the 'Gladiator' shirt Beckett had on.

That really sucked.

As the first song came on, I shook my head and started to dance. After dancing to the last few notes of the song, I heard clapping. I whirled around to find Beckett leaning against the door frame, clapping with an impressed look on his face. He pushed himself off the door frame and strode over to me.

"You're an amazing dancer!"

"U-um, thanks." I mumbled as I looked down, embarrassed.

But his next words made me pick my head up, fire burning in my veins.

"You should join the Gladiators."

"No. No I shouldn't. That is a horrible idea that shall never be brought up again. Never."

"W-why?"

"BECAUSE I-" I stopped myself. Oh god I almost told Beckett everything. I cleared my throat and started again. "The season's already begun, and semis are right around the corner, I wouldn't be ready in time."

"Of course y-"

"No Beckett. My answer is no."

I walked over to the other side of the room and unplugged my iPod and grabbed the key to room 5 and walked out.

"Wait, where are you going?" Beckett asked as I handed the key back to a confused-looking John.

"Home, I've gotta look after my little brother."

"Bu-"

"No. Nothing can change my mind. Goodbye Beckett the Gladiator, but I will never be able to be like you. Not anymore."

And with that, I walked out of the studio and back to my apartment.

I would never be a Gladiator, my home was the Samurais, and nothing would change that.