Chapter 13

Before I start, I just want to say a massive thank you to @ssrenee for liking my story and letting me know that you like it, and thank you to everyone else who had read and liked my story!

💟Allison💟

As I arrived back at the apartment, Tyler came out from his room.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Was Tyler's greeting.

"Hey, nice to see you too." Tyler rolled his eyes.

"Hey sis, nice to see you. What the hell are you doing here?" I chuckled.

"Uh.. just didn't feel like dancing today," I lied.

"You are a shit liar, you know that right? I'm going to ask you again. What. Are. You. Doing. Here?"

I sighed, knowing that Tyler knew me like I knew myself.

"I ran into... Beckett.. at the studio and he recognised me as Ally. He hadn't known that I was a dancer but now he does and I just wished that he didn't."

"That's better. And.. Beckett. You mean the Beckett whose house you stayed at and who stopped you at the shops?"

"Uh yeah.. That Beckett..."

"Huh. Well, it can't be that bad, right?"

"He's a Gladiator."

"Oh. Okay. I take it back. It can be that bad."

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

I was pulled away from my thoughts when I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I whipped it out and saw it was Beckett.I groaned but opened the message.

Him: Ally? Why did you run away when I came in?

Me: You know so much about me already, I made a mistake telling you that I went to your-our school. I'm sorry.. but I can't tell you who I am.

Him: But why?

Me: Because... you hate me.

Him: No I don't, that's ridiculous!

Me: Tell that to the school version of me. I think she would beg to differ.

Him: But, I want to get to know you!

Me: You know my name, that I dance, what school I go to, parts of my past, my family situation, jeez, what else do you need?

Him: You.

My breath caught in my throat as I read those three letters.

Me: Find me yourself, then we can talk.

Him: But...

Me: Tick tock.

Nothing in reply.

Me: Oh, by the way, here's another clue.

Ally isn't my name.

Him: WHAT?!

Me: See you at school, Gladiator.

As I shoved my phone in my pocket, Tyler looked at me.

"That was him, wasn't it? Beckett?"

"Yeah."

"Ugh. Hey Alllllllll..." Tyler drawled.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked with a sigh. I knew every time he said my name like that, he was hungry.

"How did you know I was hungry?"

"You only say my name like that when you're hungry."

"Oh."

"What do you want to eat?"

"Chips. Hot chips."

"C'mon then, let's go for a walk to the shops."

"Yes! Okay, I'll go get ready."

"Okay, same."

After we were both ready, I locked the apartment door and Tyler and I walked to the elevator. Once we shuffled inside and the doors shut, the elevator descended. As Tyler and I walked out of the building and down the road, I made conversation.

"So how's school?"

"Good."

"Got a girlfriend yet?" I teased.

"No!" Tyler exclaimed, but I could see the faintest blush on his cheeks.

"Aww! who's the girl you like?!"

"Her name is Sally. Al, you should see her. She's so beautiful. All the guys at school think she's hot and all the girls want to be her friend. And then there's me, the youngest of three children, ugly and stupid. It sucks, because I know I'm never going to be in love with someone, I'm not cool enough, the popular guys at school told me so."

I felt tears well up in my eyes at how my little brother discouraged himself like that.

"Ty, first of all, you called her beautiful. Girls feel special when they're called beautiful, but when we're called hot, it just feels like we're some toy. And, you are not ugly and stupid, you're handsome and smart. I've seen your grades. And if I'm sure of anything, it's that one day, you're going to love someone so much it hurts, and they're going to feel the same way. The popular guys at your school? Screw them. Girls, if they're like me, like smart and handsome but goofy and cute guys. not the big egotistical bastards who think they're better than everyone. There's someone out there for everyone, including you. And on special occasions, like when you graduate , get your first girlfriend, when you get engaged and married, when you have your children, I'm going to be there for all of them. I love you, Ty, no matter what."

"I love you too, Al. And thanks, this has really helped."

"I'm glad I helped," I answered as we stopped in front of the shop.

We walked in and went to order but I stopped when I saw the figure manning the counter.

The one and only (thank God there's only one),

Zach.