Chapter 20 Part 2

I swung my fist around and got one of the three guys attacking me. He cried out in pain as his hands flew up to his now bleeding nose. He stumbled back and I took that time to kick over the cabinet that held a lamp and it crashed against the dude who I just punched- recognising it as one of Caleb's cronies Mark- and it knocked Mark out cold.

I smirked slightly in satisfaction, but quickly wiped it as I saw another crony come towards me with a damn knife! I frantically scanned the area around me, and thanked Ally and God for being in Ally's room, and grabbed the hairbrush laying on the bedside table and aimed it at the crony's- who I recognised as Jason- face. It flew through the air and hit him square in the face, making him drop to the floor in agony, clutching his face.

I quickly made an attempt at getting out the window, but forgot about the third guy. I was almost out the window when I felt the stinging and the trickle of blood running down my leg. The guy hauled me back inside and went to punch me in the face, but before he could do it, something hit him on his shoulder, hard, and sent him flying off me.

I crazily looked to the window, where Ally was there, still in the stance as if she just threw something. That must have been her that threw the thing.

I quickly ran to the window and jumped out, and both Ally and I made our getaway like we planned before.

We jumped to the balcony next door and kept running until we got to a ladder and clambered down it. We turned right and sprinted down the street.

"What... the fuck... did you... Throw... at that... guy?" I panted out, exhausted from sprinting the whole way. We slowed to a stop in front of a house and Ally leant on her knees.

"A brick..." She mumbled.

"A brick?! You had bloody perfect aim..."

"Yeah..."

Ally walked up to the door and knocked on it, and soon a guy a couple of years younger than us answered the door.

"Al, hey, what are you doing here?"

"Can you get Tyler? We need to talk to him..."

"Get... Tyler? Al, he's not here, he said he was going to your house to get something."

"Oh no."

~*~*~

"Tyler! Where are you?!" Ally was screaming around the streets.

We had been searching for two hours and still no luck. Ally suddenly collapsed to her knees and started to sob. I knelt down beside her and patted her back.

"Al, we'll find him, I promise."

"How can you tell?" she asked.

" I just know."

~*~*~*~

We were staying at Tyler's friend's place and I was laying in a guest bedroom on the floor, while I made Ally take the bed.

I soon heard sobbing and I automatically placed it as Ally. Before I could go comfort her though, I heard someone at the window. I looked over and saw a guy about the same age as the guy who answered the door.

Tyler.

"Ally, Ally it's him, look at the window!" I whispered frantically, shaking her. Her head whipped up and she glanced at the window, and bolted to it. She yanked it open.

"Tyler oh my god."

"Al, what the hell? I got to the apartment and there were three unconscious guys and a trashed apartment! I freaked! What the hell happened?!"

"Long story..."

~*~*~

"Wait wait wait wait wait... let me get this straight, three guys are chasing after him-" Ty gestured to me "-they wound up at your apartment, almost killed you, and you wound up here looking for me?"

"Uh, yeah..."

"Hmm... that's nice. You're a fucking crazy shithead!" Tyler suddenly yelled at me. "You almost got my sister killed! She's gone through so much shit, you fucking bully her at school, and she could have died because of you!"

"Tyler!" Ally scolded but I just shrugged.

"Hey, no, Ally, he's right. I'm sorry," I said.

"Of course I'm fucking right, you asshole."

"Tyler enough!" Ally snapped.

"Y-you're sticking up for him? Ally, I could've lost you today if those guys had got you. Bam. Gone. Then what would happen to me? I'd have to go back to them, and they, oh my god. You know what would happen. They wouldn't be able to move heaven, so they'd raise hell."

"I know Tyler, I really do. I'm sorry, okay?"

"Okay."

~*~*~

The next day we were in the kitchen eating breakfast when one of my questions were answered. The TV displayed the news and something I didn't expect happened.

"Three mysterious men have been witnessed walking out of an apartment with minor injuries, but with weapons in hand. An elderly lady entering the apartment complex noticed the men and then had called police. She had remembered overhearing crashing and banging in the night in an apartment down the hall, but thought nothing of it, thinking it was something outside. Imagine her guilt and surprise when she walked upstairs after confronting the men, who told her nothing, and noticing the apartment she heard noises from last night, completely trashed. The door was smashed open and she saw that furniture all over the house was wrecked. She walked into one of the bedrooms to find it completely ruined, there was blood and broken furniture and the window was left open. There was no sign of the apartment owners, and she found blood on the window sill, and a trail of blood from that spot to a place on the floor. She said that it had looked like someone had been dragged from the window to the spot, and when inspecting further, she saw a knife wedged in the desk in front of the window."

The screen flicked to a lady- who I recognised as Mrs Miller- reporting about the incident.

"Oh it was absolutely terrifying. Knowing that someone out there has targeted those two lovely people just makes it so upsetting. I just don't see how some people could be so cruel," the seventy- two year old reported. Anyone with any information is to contact crime stoppers immediately using the number on screen."

"Well shit..." Ally and I mumbled at the same time.

-*-*-*-

A/n: Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I'm back now! :) Thanks for liking my story and letting me know that you do, it motivates me to keep writing. Thank you!!!

Until next time,

-Caitlin.