Tamaki x Sora - Part 2

It had been three weeks since Sora broke her leg. She'd been stuck on crutches and sitting out of training while she waited for her body to heal. Of course, Recovery Girl helped to speed things along, but she could only do so much at a time.

Today was her final check up, and Recovery Girl had just taken her cast off. Sora was swinging her legs happily and wiggling her toes as she revelled in the freedom.

"Now don't go pushing yourself too hard on the first day." Recovery Girl waved an accusatory finger in Sora's direction.

"Yes ma'am." She said and tried to look as serious as she could even as she was practically vibrating with excitement and stored up energy.

"Alright, get out of here." She sighed and shook her head as Sora leapt off the examination table and skipped out of the room.

She ran to her locker and grabbed a little black container out with a blue bow tied around it. She bit her lip nervously and closed her locker, walking absentmindedly to the lunch hall where everyone else was already gathered and eating.

She was looking down at the box and trying to plan out what she could say, when she suddenly walked into an incredibly hard surface and dropped the little box.

"Sora?" A familiar voice caught her attention and she looked up, realizing that she had walked right into Mirio. "Are you alright?" He asked apologetically and bent down to pick up her little black box.

"I'm fine." Sora nodded, "Great actually. See?" She gestured to her leg, "No more cast." She grinned and Mirio hugged her tightly.

"Woohoo!" He cheered and Sora giggled as he lifted her off her feet a little.

He set her back down and looked over the little box he was still holding, then handed it back to her. "What's this?" He asked curiously and Sora blushed, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"It's a thank you present." She mumbled and avoided his eyes, "For Tamaki." She added, half hoping he hadn't heard her.

"Oooooooh." He did a little happy dance and Sora laughed as he hugged her again. "He hasn't stopped talking about you, ya know?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"Really?" Sora asked happily.

"Yeppers." He nodded, "Ever since you started hanging out with him after your accident, it's like he's a completely different person." Mirio smiled, "You make him happy." He concluded and Sora blushed fiercely, feeling both overjoyed and overwhelmed.

"He deserves to be happy." She shrugged and Mirio smiled again before continuing his little happy dance.

Tamaki had followed Mirio out of the lunch hall, trailing behind a little as his mind wandered. He stepped out into the hall and noticed Mirio standing in front of Sora. She was blushing and Mirio was handing her a little box with a ribbon on it. Tamaki stepped back, out of view and watched as she accepted the gift. Mirio hugged her excitedly and they continued to talk, but Tamaki couldn't bring himself to watch any more. He turned around and went out the side door of the lunch hall and into the court yard.

How could I not notice that Mirio liked Sora? He questioned. I mean, they get along well and Mirio is wonderful, so why wouldn't they get together? Tamaki kicked absentmindedly as a pebble on the walkway. They'll make each other happy. I should be happy for them too. Tamaki tried to force down the hurt that was consuming him.

"Tamaki?" Someone called from behind him and Tamaki turned around to see Sora running towards him with a huge smile plastered across her face. He forced a small smile on his own lips and tried not to let her see how heartbroken he felt.

As Sora approached him, she didn't slow down for a second, instead jumping at the last moment and throwing her arms around his neck. She hugged him tightly and Tamaki, though surprised by the hug, held her close to himself and took a deep breath before pulling away. Sora's smile never faltered as she started to spin in circles in front of him, "Guess what?" She probed him and poked his shoulder impatiently.

"What?" He asked and Sora pouted.

"Did you really not notice?" She asked, a little concerned about his lack of observation, "My cast is off." She said and gestured down to her leg, sticking it out a little so he could see.

"Oh!" Tamaki gasped, feeling bad. He genuinely hadn't noticed. "That's awesome!" He congratulated her and Sora smiled again, "How does it feel?" He asked and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Much better." She assured him, then jumped up and down a few times, "Oh, and I have something I want to tell you!" She exclaimed and Tamaki felt his heart sink, expecting her to tell him about Mirio.

"If it's about you and Mirio, then I'm happy for you two." He said and turned away, not wanting her to see the sadness in his eyes.

Sora tilted her head in confusion and grabbed his hand, pulling him back to face her before he could escape completely.

"Me and Mirio?" She asked, genuinely baffled by the idea.

"Yeah," Tamaki said and kept his eyes downcast, "I saw the two of you together in the hall. He gave you a gift and then you guys hugged and stuff." He reminded her and Sora started to put together what he thought was happening.

"Are you upset by the idea of Mirio and I dating?" She asked curiously.

"No, I'm uh..." he tried to think of something supportive he could say that wouldn't be a lie, "...I have to go Sora." He mumbled and tried to leave again, but Sora squeezed his hand and pulled him back.

"We're not together idiot." She shook her head with a cheeky grin on her face and Tamaki looked up in shock. "I was talking to Mirio about my feelings for you." She admitted quietly and Tamaki couldn't contain the grin that pulled at the corners of his lips.

"You were?" He asked, praying he hadn't misheard her. "But, what about the gift?" He asked and pointed to the little black box in her hand.

"It's for you." She said and handed it over nervously. "I made it as a thank you present." She shrugged and Tamaki felt his heart swell with emotion as he untied the little blue ribbon and opened the black box. Inside there was a little pastry sitting on top of red tissue paper. "It's electric eel and seasoned pork." She said and chewed her lip nervously. "I know you said you were looking for new foods to try out for your quirk, so I found a weird one and tried to make it tasty." She said and watched nervously as Tamaki stared at the gift with his mouth agape and his eyes wide.

"Tamaki? Are you alright..." she leaned in and started to ask him, but was cut off abruptly when his lips connected with her's. He kissed her gently and slow at first, but as soon as she kissed him back he grew braver and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her flush against him as her arms wrapped around his waist.

Tamaki's pulse was racing and he genuinely thought for a moment that he might have a heart attack. He pulled back for air, nervous to see her reaction to his spontaneity, but before he could even open his eyes she pulled him back down to her and into another heated kiss.

"Yes!" Mirio screamed from the doorway to the lunch hall.

"Get it Sora!" Mina yelled too. Soon all of their friends had gathered in the doorway and along the windows overlooking the courtyard and were applauding them.

Tamaki's face flushed a brilliant shade of red and he buried it in her neck, mumbling something about killing them all. Sora laughed and looked over at her class, giving them a thumbs up and smiling boldly as Tamaki shook his head and kissed at her neck. She giggled at the tickling feeling and gasped in surprise as white wings sprouted from his back and he curled them around the two of them.

Finally feeling sheltered from his schoolmates, Tamaki lifted his head and placed a soft kiss on Sora's nose, then her cheek, her other cheek and finally her lips. She sighed happily and ran her fingers up into his hair.

"I'm never gonna let you go." He promised and looked into her eyes, tightening his hold around her.

"I'll hold you to that." She promised and smiled.