Aizawa x Rina - Part 4

Rina blinked a few times, looking up at the white panel ceiling above her, then to the left out a window overlooking the bay. The sky was clear and the room was incredibly quiet except for the steady beeping of the heart monitor hooked up to her chest.

There were wires hooked up to her arm under various sets of bandages. She tried to move her right hand but felt something weighing it down. She turned her head and looked down to see Aizawa's hand over her's and his head resting beside her hip. He was sound asleep in the chair beside her with his body slumped over the edge of her bed.

She rolled to the side facing him, groaning quietly as pain pulled at her side. She placed her free hand on top of Aizawa's head, running her fingers through his tangled hair. He started to stir and she smiled hearing his gentle humming as he stretched his arms and blinked open his tired eyes. He looked up at her, feeling her fingers in his hair and smiled contently as he finished his stretch, then sat up on his elbows, looking happily at her, then his eyes grew wide as he realized she was awake.

"You're okay." He said excitedly and jumped out of his chair, sitting on the bed facing her. He leaned down, wrapping his arms around her and placed a desperate kiss on her lips.

Rina's eyes grew wide in shock when she felt his soft lips against her's, but she quickly melted into him, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him closer.

Aizawa suddenly pulled back, his eyes wide and full of panic, "I'm sorry!" He blurted out, "I didn't mean to... I mean, I wasn't thinking... I just..." he stuttered before trailing off when he saw the wide smile on Rina's face.

"Shut up." She giggled and pulled him back down to her into another deep kiss.

He responded hungrily, leaning against his arms on either side of her head. Rina tangled her fingers in his long hair, laughing giddily into the kiss.

Aizawa pulled back enough to look into her eyes, breathing heavily as he watched her smile brightly up at him.

"I'm so happy you're okay." He whispered, brushing the tip of his nose against her's as he let his eyes fall closed, enjoying the feeling of her in his arms.

"I'm happy that you finally made a move." She said and Aizawa chuckled, a blush dusting his cheeks.

Rina leaned forward and pecked his lips again, then her eyes grew wide and Aizawa sat up.

"Is Mic okay?" She asked suddenly.

"He's fine." Aizawa nodded and Rina let out a sigh of relief, "The bullet missed his organs and whatever sort of gun Overhaul was using had uncommonly low pressure, probably to keep the bullets from tearing all the way through his targets so that the serum could do it's work." He explained.

Rina nodded, pulling back her blanket and hiking up the hospital gown to see her bandaged thigh. "Do the doctors have any idea when the effects will wear off." She asked nervously.

"Mic was able to use his powers more and more each day that passed. He's been at full strength since yesterday." Aizawa said and saw the shock in Rina's eyes.

"Days? How long have I been out?" She asked.

"Eight days." He said.

"Eight?" She repeated and he nodded, a deep sadness in his eyes.

"Recovery Girl was able to heal your neck, but she couldn't do anything about the bullet wounds, for whatever reason, the serum that the bullets injected into you, prevented her from using her powers to heal you." He explained, "Mic was only shot once, and the nurses were able to pull out the bullet before he was dosed completely, so he was doing better by the next day, but because the first bullet you were shot with was in you for so long, and it pierced your bloodstream, the serum circulated throughout your entire body before the nurses could remove the bullet casing, then with the addition of the second bullet and full second dose emptying into your liver before they could remove it, your body went into shut down mode." He inhaled a shaky breath, "They didn't think you were going to make it at first, then you started to heal, but you had slipped into a coma." He said.