Kirishima x Akari - Part 1

Akari was walking down the hall of her school, with Mina to her left and Tsu to her right. The three girls were on their way to lunch after an exhausting training session with Mr. Aizawa.

Mina mentioned something about a girls night, and started rambling about how they should try and convince Momo to host since her house is the nicest. Akari nodded along to the one sided conversation, but she wasn't really listening. Instead, she was watching curiously as Kirishima and Kaminari joked around and trailed after Bakugo just ahead of the group of girls.

Akari hadn't admitted it to anyone, herself included, but she had been crushing on Kiri since day one at AU. She might have realized her feelings sooner had she not sworn off boys at the start of the year after a horrible and very messy breakup. It was honestly a relief to not be constantly worrying about all the who-likes-who drama in 1A, and it had made it easier to form proper friendships with the many amazing guys in her class. In fact, she was proud to say she'd built up a firm relationship with every single one of her classmates, except for Mineta (for obvious reasons) and Kirishima. Though, not for lack of trying.

"Are you even listening to me?" Mina poked Akari's arm, pulling her away from her thoughts.

"I'm sorry. I was distracted." Akari apologized and Mina followed her gaze seeing it fixated on Kirishima.

"Do my eyes deceive me, or does little miss 'I don't even wanna date' have a crush?" Mina asked in a teasing way.

Akari's face flushed red and she playfully shoved Mina, "Deffinitely not." She rolled her eyes, "I just don't know why he doesn't like me so much. Did I do something?" She asked and Mina shrugged.

"Maybe." She nodded, "I mean, I've known Kiri for a long time, and he's never been anything other than a big ol' teddy bear to everyone he meets. I'd never seen him shut down so completely and be so cold until I saw him with you."

Akari's jaw dropped, "Well, that was the complete opposite of helpful." She said in shock and Mina giggled.

"Why does it matter? You don't need everyone to love you." She reminded her friend, but Akari just pouted.

"Maybe you don't." she mumbled.

"Dont stress out about it Akari." Tsu said and placed a hand on her shoulder, "I'm sure he'll come around if given enough time." She said and Akari smiled.

"You're right." She shrugged, but in her mind she was already plotting out ways to make Kirishima talk with her long enough to realize what good friend they could be.

...

A few weeks flew by, as well as several failed attempts at befriending Kirishima. He wasn't being rude to her, he just didn't seem to want to talk, and he refused to look her in the eye. It was like he was always rushing to get away from her.

Akari was still masterminding ways to interact with him, but even her eternally optimistic mindset was beginning to fail. She tried to brush off the feeling of defeat as she sat in Momo's bedroom, brushing through her freshly straightened hair.

"Everything okay?" Momo asked as she finished up Mina's makeup.

Akari nodded absentmindedly and stood up to go and look in the mirror. She was wearing a dark red dress that hugged her body, and a black leather jacket over top. The outfit complemented her fiery orange eyes and she pulled her long brown hair over her shoulder, running her fingers through its soft length.

"Thanks for recommending that hair mask Momo." Akari spun around to grab her combat boots.

Momo saw her reaching for the beat up old things and immediately smacked her hand.