Deku x Karrin - Part 1

This story uses characters from season two and three, but the storyline is original. Consider this your spoiler warning! 

All flashback scenes throughout the story will be italicized.

"Come on Deku! You're falling behind!" Kota yelled over his shoulder and Midoriya shook his head with a smile on his lips.

He'd decided to take Kota and Eri out to a movie for the afternoon. It had been three years to the day since Eri's rescue from the Yakuza, and Midoriya intended to celebrate the occasion.

"What do you kids think about some Ice cream before we head home?" he asked and Eri's face lit up, but without missing a beat, Kota rolled his eyes.

"We're not even kids any more." He grumbled and Midoriya sighed. He was about to say something comforting to the young boy, but before he had the chance, Eri punched his arm, drawing out a whine Kota as he pouted at her.

"We are too!" She yelled, "You're only eight years old you dummy." she scolded and Kota opened his mouth to say something back to her, but she wasn't finished, "You should be grateful that you're able to enjoy your childhood. There are plenty of kids out there who can't." she placed her hands firmly on her hips.

Kota rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly and turned back to Midoriya, "I guess ice cream sounds good." He shrugged and Izuku tried to hide his smile.

"Great." Midoriya nodded and opened the doors out of the movie theatre, holding them as Eri skipped outside and Kota trailed behind sluggishly.

They walked for a while, Eri talking nonstop about anything and everything, as Kota listened intently. Midoriya loved to see her happy. She'd come so far since he had first met her, and he couldn't be more proud. Kota had grown as well, learning to love superheroes again, though he would never admit it to Izuku.

"How much further?" Kota called back to Deku with a pout.

"It's just ahead." Midoriya assured him and Kota sighed heavily, returning his attention to Eri.

Before they could take another step someone fell from the sky in front of the  kids, creating a crater beneath them and a dust cloud all around.

Deku jumped in front of the kids protectively, quickly herding them over into an alleyway and crouching down to speak. "I need you both to run as far as you can, as fast as you're able to." he said sternly and looked back and forth between their frightened expressions.

"I don't wanna leave you." Eri whined with tears welling in her eyes and Midoriya smiled to sooth her.

"I know, but right now I'm trusting you to take care of each other, and to go find help." he explained and Kota looked over at Eri, before steeling his nerves and nodding. "Take my phone and call Mr. Aizawa. Tell him what's going on and then find somewhere to hide until he can come and get you." Midoriya instructed and both kids nodded, fear still evident in their eyes. "If you run into any heroes on your way, then send them here." he added and stood up, looking back to where the mysterious figure was hunched over inside the crater they'd created.

"Are they here for me?" Eri asked with a trembling voice.

Midoriya looked down and felt his heart breaking for the frightened kids, "I don't know, but it doesn't matter, because they won't get passed me." he assured her with a smile on his face and Eri smiled back, knowing that Deku meant what he said. He leaned down and place a kiss on her forehead before pointing down the alley. "Now go." he insisted and Kota grabbed Eri's hand tightly, pulling her away and disappearing around the back of the building.