Taishiro x June - Part 1

Fat Gum walked casually through the street lined with food carts. He dipped in and out from one place to the next, sampling various foods and picking up boxes of his favourites.

"Tamaki!" He called out to the young man who trailed behind him sluggishly, "Try this!" He said and shoved a container of food into his arms, "It's scorpion!" He announced cheerfully and Kirishima recoiled in disgust as he watched Tamaki sample it.

"Dude. That's so nasty." Kirishima shook his head in disapproval.

Tamaki just shrugged with an uninterested expression, "It tastes like pork." he said and handed the rest of the container back to Fat Gum, who all but inhaled it.

"Why are we here again?" Kirishima asked, kicking at a rock on the road with his hands shoved deep down in his pockets.

"Technically, we're here on patrol, but I honestly just wanted to look around and find some new foods for Tamaki." He admitted, "Besides, I'm starving." He said and rubbed at his stomach with a wide smile.

Kirirshima sighed heavily and rolled his eyes, grabbing himself a few meat buns before catching up with Fat Gum again.

"Can't we go and find some real villains to pummel?" Kirishima whined and Fat Gum shook his head.

"Not tonight Red." he said apologetically, "You're still recovering after your run in with the League last week." He reminded Kiri. "Look, your arms haven't even healed fully yet." He said and gestured to Kirishima's hardened arms which were laced with cracks.

Kiri hid his arms behind his back, "I can still be more useful than this." He muttered and Fat Gum placed a hand on his shoulder, understanding the boys frustration.

"Sometimes the best thing for you to do as a hero, is make sure that you're at you strongest for when we do next run into trouble." he explained and Kirishima nodded.

"Now," Fat Gum clapped his hands happily, being careful not to drop the boxes of food he was balancing, "Lets find somewhere nice to settle in and eat." He suggested.

The three of them made their way out of the bustling food centre and onto a much quieter street. They were heading over to a local cafe to grab a seat while they eat, when Kirishima saw a flash of blue from between two building just ahead.

"Did you see that?" He asked Tamaki who shrugged and continued on behind Fat Gum.

Kirishima followed hesitantly, but kept his eyes on the entrance to the alleyway.

"Come on Red. This is one of the safest places in Japan." Fat Gum reminded him, "The crime rate is so low, that patrols around here are optional instead of mandatory." He laughed and opened the door to the cafe, holding it open for his students.

"I know, I just..." Kirishima stopped before heading into the cafe, "I want to go and check it out just in case." He said and Fat Gum was about to protest, but Kiri cut him off, "I've got a bad feeling, and it's better safe than sorry, right?" He asked and Fat Gum sighed.

"Alright, but don't go any further than that, and come right back once you've cleared the area." he instructed and Kirishima nodded happily.

"I will!" He cheered gratefully and ran off towards the alley. Fat Gum smiled and shook his head at the boy's restlessness.

"Do you think he really saw something, or do you think he just didn't want you to make him sit down?" Tamaki asked and Fat Gum shrugged.

"Who knows." He closed the door to the cafe behind him and dropped the surplus of food onto the nearest table.

"Sir, you can't bring food from other restaurants in here." a waitress ran over, "Oh, it's you!" She gasped when she recognized the pro hero.

"Hi there!"Fat Gum smiled brightly, "I'm sorry to cause you trouble. We were just hoping to rest here and eat before finishing our patrol." he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.