Dabi x Hazel - Part 2

Enji looked up just in time to see what he had done, but when he tried to stand, his legs shook weakly and he fell back down to the ground.

Dabi stood in shock for a moment, which felt to him like an eternity, then, without making a conscious decision, he ran forward and jumped off the cliff. He was graceful, like a diver, as his hands came together over his head and he looked around him, searching for any sign of her.

He lit a flame in his hand, and shot it out in front of him like a flare, illuminating the cliffside as he plummeted downwards. His eyes were narrowed and watering as the wind rushed against his face and, but he forced them open. He finally caught a glimpse of a metallic shine over to his right, and he shot off another ball of flame to be sure it was her. As soon as he saw her unconscious form, free falling to the city bellow he redirected his weight, carefully aiming his fall so that he drifted towards her. He reached desperately for her arm.

"Come on." He muttered, "Come on." He reached again and finally caught her, pulling her towards him and wrapping her in his arms.

He called to her, "Hazel! Wake up!" He yelled and she didn't stir, "Wake up!" He shouted louder and heard her groan beside his ear, then felt her entire body go rigid.

"Holy shit!" She gasped and her arms wrapped around Dabi's neck, clinging to him and burying her face in his scarred neck.

"Wrap your legs around me too." He instructed quickly, "I need my hands free to slow our fall."

She did as he said, wrapping her legs around his waist as he pulled his arms away from her and shot off two streams of fire towards the ground. Hazel felt them slow just a little, before continuing to fall.

"I can't." He said in defeat, his body shaking as he pushed it passed its limit. "I'm not strong enough."

Hazel pulled back to look into his eyes, and could tell that he'd given up.

"Then take my strength." She said and hugged him close, wrapping her arms around the back of his neck and making sure her arm was flat against his bare neck, then she transfer a steady stream of power into him.

Dabi felt an incredible surge of energy as the flames in his hands grew into great pillars of blue fire, and stopped their fall completely. They hovered in the air, barely thirty feet above the city bellow, and Hazel sighed in relief as she stopped the transfer.

"This is incredible." Dabi whispered, but Hazel kept her face hidden in his neck.

"Can it be incredible from down on the ground?" She asked, her voice higher than usual, "I hate heights." She admitted breathlessly.

Dabi smirked as he slowly let the flames in his hands burn down and lowered them to the ground. As soon as his feet touched the ground, he lifted his hands to wrap around her back, feeling her trembling as she continued to cling to him like a koala.

"We're on the ground." He said quietly and heard her gasp as she hesitantly lifted her head, looking bellow them and seeing the grassy forest floor where the city met the mountainside.

Hazel slowly unhooked her legs from behind his back and he lowered her to stand on her own two feet. Hazel took a wobbly step back from him, cradling her arms against her chest, and looking up at him with wide eyes.

"I can't believe Endeavor threw us off a mountain." She said in disbelief.

"Correction. He threw you off a mountain." Dabi pointed out, turning around and looking up at the city before them, "I jumped off after the fact." He said nonchalantly.

"What? Why?" Hazel asked, startled by the notion.

"I don't know. I didn't really think about it." He shrugged.