Part 2

After McGonagal was informed of my condition, she allowed me to stay in a private room with ron rather than out normal 5 person dorm. My condition was worsening, and the only relief i got was when i was with draco.

Right now we were sitting in the library, his nose in a book and my head in his lap. It became a normal friday evening routine for us. We sit in the library in comfortable silence, just taking in eachothers company.

In the early stages of my disease, even a whiff of his cologne could send me choking. But now i learned to control it and it wasnt so often. Even if my condition worsened, my control increased. Its the only way i could keep it hidden for so long.

" where were you yesterday?"

My attention was brought to the quiet voice above me. Draco looked down, his book forgotten next to him. I shrugged and smiled.

" nowhere. Why do you ask?"

Draco scoffed and smirked.

" hardly nothing if granger was hovering over you with a potion every minute. Did you go to the doctor?"

" are you concerned?"

" just answer the question Harry."

Harry huffed.

" yes. I did. My cold still hasnt quiet gone away. The doctor thinks its strep throat." I lied through my teeth. Draco brought a hand to my face, carressing my cheek gently. Heat started to rise up my neck and my ears.

" you should take better care of yourself. I dont know who i would sit on the couch with in the library every friday without you." He whispered. I felt the petals come up again.

" hold on a second."

I ran out the library and into the nearest bathroom. I choked out the petals and after an extremely unpleasant 5 minutes, all the flowers were gone. I wiped away the blood from my lips and rinsed out my mouth.

" huh. New flowers."

I examined the flower buds from my mouth. White petals with yellow buds covered the sink. Narcissus flowers.

The first flower i coughed up were roses, then they changed to lilies, then orchids and now....... narcissus. 

I sinked down to the floor, leaning against the wall and grabbed my book bag. I took out the swirling blue potion and opened the bottle. It wasn't unpleasant like i thought it would he. It smelled like mint and berries although the taste did not correspond to the scent at all. I shivered from the potion and stood up. The burning in my throat disappeared and the nausea i often get disappeared.

I cleaned up and walked back into the library. Draco was still sitting there even after most everyone left. I sat next to him and rest my head on his shoulder.

" you okay?" Draco asked.

" yeah. Just needed to take my medication." I lied.

Draco nodded a response and continued his book. I listened to his heart beat, allowing myself to drift off.

Eventually i fell asleep.

———————————————————————

I woke up to the sun in my face the next morning. Somehwere in the night, draco had shifted into a laying position, and i was laying on his chest. His arms engulfed me in a tight hug and pulled me close to him. I could feel his breath by the top of my head and the hairs on the back of my neck rose up.

I realised there was a blanket over us, must have been him. Even in spring, the nights in scotland were still cold and frigid.

I went to get up but dracos arms held me tight.

" a few more minutes. I promise ill let you go then" he mumbled in a low voice. I nodded and laid my head back down on his chest. If i could, i would live this moment forever.

Alas, things dont last when your bloody friends come busting into the library looking for you.