Part 13

" will you marry me?"

———————————————————————

Harry immediately stopped and looked at me.

" what?"

" i love you. You love me. Marry me." I said simply. His eyes widened even more and he stood up, pacing around the room.

" draco i almost just died!"

" I know! Who knows what happens next!"

" is this a weird pureblood tradition or something?"

" what?"

" are you trying to like court me or something? Because im like a potter? Or because you almost killed me, because i have also almost killed you too."

" w-what? No! Why would i do that?!"

He placed his face in his hands and just stood there.

" you want me, a person who almost just died. To marry you." He said through his hands, his voice a little muffled.

" yes."

" after i had hanahaki."

" yes."

" because of you."

" yes."

" and you want me to marry you?"

" YES!" I yelled. He sighed and looked up at me.

" we're 18."

" technically im 19"

" it doesn't matter, im still 18!"

" so what?"

He looked at me like he was thinking. He turned around and faced the window, grabbing the edge of the window sill.

" ok."

" what?" I asked, a little shocked.

" ok. Ill marry you." He turned around and faced me. A big smile broke out on my face and i ran over to him, picking him up in a hug. He laughed as i spun him around and dropped him back on the ground. I kissed him again and kept smiling.

" we're getting married."

" we're getting married." He confirmed.

" but-"

My celebration was cut short by harry.

" after 5 years. After we graduate and we have careers ok? So after 5 years, i will marry you."

He looked down at me from where i was holding him up. I was disappointed, sure. But if thats what he wanted, i was willing to be rational. I nodded and he nodded back. He hugged me from my neck and chuckled.

Moments later the door burst open, revealing a plethora of people. Pansy, hermione, ron, blaise, neville, ginny and luna. They burst in, the first one obviously being ron.

" you motherfucker, you did it!" He hugged me first. He engulfed me in a bear hug and turned towards harry that looked confused.

" wait you knew!?"

" of course we knew. You two are terrible at keeping secrets." Hermione scoffed.

She came over and hugged us both. After her everyone got a turn. Harry got a punch from ginny, a plant from neville and i got a very proud stare from blaise.

" you fucking idiots, i hate you." Pansy sniffled as she walked over and punched my arm. She pouted and looked at us both.

" you ruined my makeup and now my eyes are puffy."

She hugged harry tighter than anybody had before and wouldnt let go.

" try to die again and i will actually kill you. You had 4 chances, thats enough." She said out loud and everyone chuckled.

" i wont die pansy. Relax."

The rest of the time we mostly just sat around harry, playing board games, talking, everything. We didn't tell them yet but we would tell them later. After all, we still had 5 years.

———————————————————————-

" hey mom."

I sat opposite of her in a dark room. An auror was standing by the door, waiting for us to finish. I know i wasn't getting married right away, but in 5 years, my mother may not be here. Or at least her mind wont.

" hello sweetheart." She said back softly. She took my hand and squeezed it weakly. I smiled sympathetically and cleared my throat.

" the reason why i asked to see you today is because......... im getting married."

She raised her eyebrows and smiled softly.

" oh? And with whom?"

I hesitated on telling her.

" err...."

" is it astoria?"

" what? Oh no! No no. Me and her were never really..... a thing." I say awkwardly. She just nods and sighs

" is it harry potter?"

My eyes widened as i jerked my head forward. She had a satisfied smile on her face.

" so it is him. Finally. You've been obsessed with him since 1st year." She chuckled.

" what? No-No i havent." I scoff. I knew it wasnt true but still.

" oh on the contrary, you were his biggest fan." She said.

" ok now you are just doing it to embarrass me."

" thats a mothers job my dear. Im glad for you. You finally have a new life."

I hummed a response and looked at her. She was in azkaban for about 3 months now.

" how is it here?"

She looked up and shrugged.

" its ok. But i will say, i am glad i am not sharing a cell with your auntie bella. She was a nightmare to room with."

I chuckled at her little remark. Still strong enough to make jokes i see.

" but i am not getting married yet. In 5 years. Harry made me promise him 5 years." I looked down at my lap. She hummed and tapped her nails on the table.

" harry is a smart boy. You two will make a great couple." She smiled fondly at me. I smiled back.

" thank you mother." I whispered. There was a moment of silence before it was broken.

" time to go back." The guard said from behind my mother. She looked back at the door and sighed.

" well then. Its time for me to go. I hope to see you and your boyfriend soon my dear. And make sure to write." She kissed my cheek and turned around to open the door but before she walked out she turned back one last time.

" and harry would make an excellent son-in-law. You've got a good one."

She nodded and was escorted back to her cell. I stood in that room for about 30 more minutes just thinking.

" yeah......... yeah he would."