Part 7

Harry's POV

It was starting again. The coughing fits, the tiredness. After last night when i spoke to draco, i ended up coughing so violently i almost threw up a full flower.

I was in the shower. My muscles tensed at the warm water running down my body. It soothed me, and after the chaotic weeks ive been having, it was exactly what i needed. I let the warm water run through my hair and exhaled. Im gonna die from this. Im gonna die trying or im gonna die quitting. Either way i knew i didnt have much left. I had 3 months. Thats how much my healer gave me.

I finally stepped out of the shower, shivering from the sudden coldness. I used a drying spell and quickly dried myself. I was halfway through dressing when it came. A cough attack.

I started hacking violently into the sink. Piles of blood and flower came up. My body ached and tensed, my muscles contracting. I doubled over and fell to the floor. It must have been loud because the next thing i hear is ron bursting into the room.

" HARRY!"

He yelled and came to my side. Patting my back and yelling for help.

" what is it- oh my god."

Nevilles voice rung into the room.

" GO GET HERMIONE!"

" he needs pomfrey!"

" JUST GO GET HERMIONE NEVILLE. WE NEED TO TAKE HIM TO MUNGOS."

They bickered slightly before neville ran out again. I coughed up gallons of blood. This was the worst it has ever come. I started blacking out, the only thing keeping me awake was rons voice.

" HARRY!"

Hermione must have come in.

" drink this."

She rushed to my side with the potion. I managed to guzzle it down. It soothed my throat for a little while. Until the coughing started again. It was much worse than before. Mounds of petals fell from my mouth. And then......... a leaf. A leaf came out. Then a pile of them. Soon i was hacking nothing but leaves.

I felt rons arms encircle me, then i blacked out.

I woke up in a hospital bed. I looked around frantically before realizing i was in the infirmary of hogwarts.

" my dear. You are awake. Im so sorry this happened to you. I should have helped-"

" no Ms.Pomfrey. Its alright. You didnt know so how could you have helped me? Im okay. No need to apologize."

I rested my hand on hers. She gave me a sad smile before nodding and walking off.

" harry."

Hermione and ron came rushing in.

" you're awake!" She smiled and hugged me tight. I smiled and waved at ron who waved back sadly.
Hermione pulled back and faced me, tears in her eyes. She sat down on the chair next to the bed, looking down at her hands. I knew what she was gonna say. I know why she was so sad. I looked up at the ceiling and let out a shaky breath.

" harry-"

" ive entered stage 3."

Hermione sniffled and let out a strangled whimper.

" how much time do i have left?"

She looked up at me. I could see the sadness swirling in her eyes. I could see how she didnt want to answer, how she didnt want to believe it. She looked up at the ceiling and swallowed hard.

" 2 weeks. Tops."

I couldnt help the tears from falling. My hand came up to my face and i covered my mouth, stopping myself from screaming out in anguish.

Rons shuddered breath brought me back. My friend, my BEST friend, Who ive never seen so vulnerable, was weeping at the thought of me dying.

" ron."

He looked away and ran out the infirmary. Hermione looked back at him, then at me.

" harry im so sorry."

I shook my head.

" i was supposed to have 3 months. Three . Now i have less than half a month." I whimpered. She reached over and hugged me. Tighter than ever. Like i was breaking to pieces and she had to keep them together. I muzzled my face into the crook of her neck, sobbing silent tears. She and i cried for what felt like hours, keeping the same position.

Blaise POV

I was running to the infirmary. I heard from neville that harry went to the hospital. I rushed down there as fast as i can, but i stopped when ron came running out of the doors.

" ron!"

He turned towards me and ran. He engulfed me in a hug, taking the breath out of me.

" blaise. H-Harry he- hes in the t-third stage." He sniffled. He sobbed into my shoulder, his taller frame crouching to meet mine.

" its going to be okay."

" hes dying. Hes got 2 weeks tops to live. If he continues like this he will be gone by the end of the week."

I felt the tears coming down.

" s-shh. It will be f-fine." My voice betrayed my words. Sobs escaped my mouth involuntarily.

" im scared. I cant live without him. Hes my best friend. He was supposed to be my best man at my wedding. He was supposed to teach my kids how to fly, he was supposed to help me when i became an auror. He was supposed to-"

He choked.

" he was supposed to be here. He was supposed to be the boy who lived." He said in a small voice. I shut my eyes closed.

" lets go to draco-"

" no. I cant. Im afraid of what will happen if i see him. Hes the reason why my best friend is dying. Him and his cowardliness is killing my best friend."

I nodded in understanding and bit my lip. I pulled back and saw him. His eyes were puffy from crying and his face was red. He wiped his face and closed his eyes. And thats when i kissed him. It was sudden and it was short. But to me it was the release of a thousand emotions. One ive been hiding for years.

When he pulled back, the sudden realization hit me. I had just kissed him, and his best friend was dying.

" i-"

I staggered backwards.

" im so sorry. Y-you're vulnerable right now. I shouldn't have done that, im so sorry."

" Blaise-"

" no. No I'll just go, im sorry-"

I went to left, but he grabbed onto my wrist, spinning me back towards him. He connected our lips again and i closed my eyes. This one was sweeter, and longer. We pulled back and i stared into his eyes.

" wha- why-?"

" i cant let you run off and possibly catch hanahaki like that. I dont need to lose two people i love."

He pressed his forehead against mine and we smiled.

" you know. To such a horrible day, you made it better. You always do."

He kissed my forehead and went back to connecting his to mine. I let out a small laugh and kept smiling. For the first time in a while, i felt happy.