Part 10

Ron POV

" WHERE IS HE!"

Me, hermione and blaise were running down to the infirmary. Pomfrey called McGonagal this morning, informing her that she had found harry in the bathroom unconscious and bleeding.

When i heard the news my blood ran cold. I knew harry was having a tough time but i never thought he would.....

" ron. We're here." Blaise tapped my shoulder. I snapped my head towards the door and burst through it. I ran towards harrys section and came face to face with Harry...... still unconscious.

He had bandages up his arms and he looked even paler than usual. Blood bags were hung up beside him being transfused by huge needles.

" he needs as much blood as he can get. Thats why im using multiple bags and big needles." Pomfrey explained.

I ran to his side and looked down at my best friend. His shaggy black hair was a mess and his face and chest had trails of blood on them. But other than the horrible condition he was in, he looked almost.... peaceful. Like he was dreaming something nice.

I grabbed onto his hand and sat down beside him. It was one thing when he was dying of just hanahaki but it was a whole other when he was also in need of two full pints of blood.

" im afraid this still isnt enough. Does anyone by chance have the same blood type as him?"

" no. But Neville has 0- blood type." Hermione informed. Pomfrey nodded in understanding, knotting her eyebrows.

" send him a patronus. See if he is willing to give his blood."

" ok." Blaise nodded and pulled out his wand. He muttered the spell and a wisp of blue came out. It morphed into a horned serpent and soon slid out of the room after blaise gave it its message.

" horned serpent huh?" Hermione asked after pomfrey left and we were all sitting down by harrys bed. Blaise and i were holding hands, one in his and the other in harrys.

" yeah. Whats yours?"

" an otter. I know its a little boring."

" no. I think its quite endearing. A kind and brave animal fit for their owner."

Hermione smiled wide. Most people made fun of how her patronus was so small but Blaise was the first one in a while to not make fun of her.

" whats yours?"

He turned to me and raised his eyebrows. I blinked a few times before answering in a small voice.

" a jack russel terrier."

" pffft."

Blaise had started laughing quietly. Hermione was letting out small chuckles as i stared at them.

" its is a perfectly good patronus."

" its a dog!"

" so? You were so nice to hermione about hers!" I argued and i slapped blaises arm as he kept laughing.

" okay but otters are cute!"

" and dogs arent?"

We bickered a little, all while blaise kept letting out small chuckles.

" you wanna see how great a jack russel can be? Here ill show you."

" no thank you, i dont wanna see a tiny terrier"

" a dog is a perfectly good patronus!"

" fine! Lets see your mighty little terirer then!"

I huffed and pulled out my wand.

" expecto patronum!"

I yelled out the spell. A blue wisp much like blaise's came out of the tip of my wand and formed into a do- wait no. A...... snake?

" is that a-"

"- its a horned serpent."

The room fell silent. I stood up to interact with my new patronus. I touched the tip of its nose and it snaked itself around me, reminding me of happy memories.

A key memory was me and blaise. Our quidditch games, us helping harry, me waking up in his room, chess matches, and our first kiss.

" what's blaise's patronus doing out?"

Our attentions snapped to the groggy voice coming from the bed. Harry was finally awake.

" harry!" Hermione went to hug him but he winced at her touch. The bandages and cuts still very fresh.

" you fucking asshole."

I punched his shoulder.

" ow!" He complained.

" shut up there isnt any cuts there. What the fuck is wrong with you? Why did you think doing that was fine?"

" i dont know. There isnt a point in living i guess."

" dont fucking say that. We may still have a chance-"

Blaise was cut off

" no blaise we dont. I ruined it. Its time for you guys to just let me go."

A few moments ago i was arguing with blaise about my patronus, and now my blood was boiling from rage.

" how the fuck can you lay there and tell us that? I am not fucking giving up on you! You asshole, i will find that motherfucker and i will make him love you even if its the last thing i do!"

I shook his shoulders but he sat emotionless.

" there isnt a point ron."

" there ALWAYS IS! "

" well not this time! There isnt any hope for me..."

Silence fell on the room again, just my rigid breathing could be heard in the room.

" fine.but I cant just stand here and watch you give up on yourself."

With shaking fists i walked out on my best friend. I heard them call out for me but i couldnt hear them. I didnt want to. If he was gonna do this, i couldn't be there.

I just couldnt