Part 1

Harry's POV~

This wasnt supposed to happen. It was just a dare. Make draco malfoy fall in love with you. How did i end up here?

My mind thought rapidly as i kept coughing and coughing. My body shivered and ached as the sink in front of me slowly filled with blood and petals. It was getting much worse. I dont have much time left, i knew that.

At first it was just a few petals, then it was a handful, until it was a full flower and now i was practically throwing up bouquets. The gallons of blood i had coughed up washed away as i turned on the sink faucet, taking the petals with it.

My mind went back to the dare. The stupid, stupid dare. Making draco malfoy fall in love with me. We were in our 8th year, the triumph of the year before was still ablaze, and my fellow gryffindors thought it would be an amazing idea to give me that task. I took it obviously, albeit a bit reluctantly.

It was almost at the end of the year, just 3 more months left. And i, harry potter, saviour of the wizarding world, the chosen one, had fallen madly in love witb Draco Bloody Malfoy. The hanahaki didnt start until that blasted day. The day he rejected me.

I knew i had grown fond of the boy but i didnt think i was in love. And I thought i was ready to start phase 2 of my plan; only it ended up with me coughing up my lungs filled with flowers. So i asked him on a date, and he refused. That sent me into a coughing fit and i ran out the room. From my mouth i pulled out a single petal, covered in saliva and blood.

He didnt think much of it, i told him i got a cold. I avoided him best i could for the next two days, because any time i saw him do anything, my beloved lungs would throw a tantrum.

That was until now. 3 months left, 3 months till the dare.

" harry?" Hermione walked into the bathroom.

She was the only one i told about the hanahaki. Her and ron of course.

" i think its time we go to St.Mungos."

I nodded reluctantly as she called for ron. He came in a few seconds later, she grabbed both our arms and we vanished.

———————————————————————

3rd person~

" Mr. Potter, you have stage 2 hanahaki."

The healer spoke softly. Hermione rubbed harrys back and ron stood arms crossed, as if he needed to protect harry at all costs, even from his deadly disease.

" Stage 1 is flower petals, Stage 2  is full flower buds, Stage 3 is leaves, and stage 4 is...."

" nobody has ever gotten as far as stage 4" Harry whispered. Ron looked at his best friend, who for the first time they have known each other, looked weak and frail. His body shook as he struggled to keep awake.

" im sorry mate. Im the one who gave you the dare, im the one who pushed you into this. Im so sorry, i-"

ron began as silent tears ran down his face.

" shh ron. Its alright. Im going to be okay." Harry hugged his best friend, the tears still evident on his face.

" what are the procedures we need to take for his health?" Hermione spoke to the healer.

" there isnt much we can do. The only way he will heal is if his love is returned, or we can take out the petals surgically, however he will forget all about his love-"

" no"

He grunted.

" harry if this will save your life-"

" no" he said more sternly

" it will keep you from dying!"

" id rather die than forget him."

Silence fell on the room. Hermione stood there with knotted eyebrows and a sad look on her face. Ron was taken back and stared at him. Harry sat there on the bed eyes closed, for he was scared that if he opened them, he wouldnt be able stop the tears.

" please. There must be something to stop the pain."

The healer nodded and looked back down at her clipboard.

" we have a potion, it should stop the burning in your throat and it will relieve some pain after you throw up the petals. We also have a spell that will allow the petals to float out and stops them from coming back for a few hours."

Hermione nodded as the healer taught her the spell and proper ways to take the potion.

" you would really die than forget him?" Ron asked somberly. Harry looked up and smiled.

" id rather die because i loved him, than live never knowing."

Ron smiled back and nodded, putting a hand to harrys shoulder.

" lets go home please. I want a bath." Harry said softly.

" of course mate. Anything for you."