Part 11

Harry POV

I felt cold. I was in my second week. Everyone was on edge. I was dying and all i could think about was how cold i was. It was 3 am and i was freezing. I put warming charms, wrapped blankets around myself and yet i was still cold.

The infirmary was cold today. Ron and draco stopped visiting since last week. I heard that draco knew what happened to me and still chose not to come. I felt heartbroken, but you cant break something that is already broken.

I huddled up in my pile of blankets and tried to get warm. But nothing i was doing seemed to help.

I was freezing. If it wasnt gonne die from the hanahaki, it would be from the cold.

———————————————————————

Draco POV

I was so tired. I hadnt seen harry in 3 days, and the day i left, he tried to commit suicide. I have been crying for so long. My eyes were puffy and i felt like I couldn't breathe.

Blaise came to check up on me yesterday, i sent him away. I missed harry.

It was 3 am and i was huddled up on my bed. I wondered what harry was doing. Probably sleeping.

The room felt hot and stuffy and my blanket was spread out on the floor. My eyes were red from the crying and not being able to sleep. my body felt weak.

I realized i wouldnt get anywhere at this state and pulled myself up from bed. I grabbed one of harrys hoodies he gave me and snuck out of my dorm. I was in my boxers and i was walking around the castle floor.

I made it to the infirmary, not even realizing i had walked this way unintentionally. I creaked the door open and carefully closed it shut behind me, making sure i didnt make a noise.

I walked to Harry's area and peaked through the curtain. Harry was curled up into a ball in his blankets, he was shivering. The infirmary was cold but not that bad.

Without thinking i slid into bed with him, bringing his blanket up to cover us both. I snaked my arms around his torso and dug my head into his shoulder, taking in his scent. He tensed at my touch, but relaxed soon enough.

He turned around and faced me, looking into my eyes.

" you're here."

I hummed in response.

" and your eyes are puffy."

" yeah."

He brought his hand up and caressed my face. I closed my eyes as he traced the areas under my eyes. I noticed the bandages on his arms and my heart ached.

" im sorry."

I whispered. He looked up and stopped his hand.

" im sorry for not coming back. Im sorry for leaving that day, im sorry for making you do that."

" it wasnt your fault. Im just dying. There is nothing you can do."

Silence. Comfortable silence like we always had. It was filled with sorrow, but at least it wasn't uncomfortable.

I waited until his breathing evened. I waited until his eyes fluttered closed and i was absolutely sure he wasn't awake.

His arms lounged on my body while he rested his head on my arm. He looked so peaceful when asleep.

I kissed his forehead like i had done so many times before while he wasn't awake and closed my eyes before muttering the words i didnt have the courage to say when he was conscious.

" i love you harry potter. I always have, and i always will."

A/N: sorry its short