When Country Meets City ~ Bonus Chapter

31st December 

Anderson’s POV 

“What should I wear to this date?” I asked Emerson as I rearranged my Akubra. Just because I am not home on the farm, does not mean I am going to dress differently. It’s been a few years since I even ventured into the city. So, I’m feeling a bit anxious.  

“She knows you live on a farm and are very much a country boy. You should wear something similar to what you have on now.” he sighed, I turned to look at him and I could see that I was starting to annoy him. He was driving us to his house, and I have been nonstop asking a million questions. 

Why? Because he made me ask the girl I’ve been talking to, out for a “Coffee date”. I’m nervous as hell as she replied with “I’d love to”. We have spoken on the phone, there’s lots of texts and the occasional photo. I am not good with this type of thing; it’s been years for crying out loud. This could end in disaster.    

“I guess. I’m just worried that after this date, that things will change. She knows that I won’t leave the farm and she’s doing full time study as well and will probably want to work around the city somewhere. I’ll probably end up friend zoned within the first five minutes. I may look like a big loser.” I expressed my concerns to him. 

“You don’t know that, Andy. The worst that can happen is that you had a nice time together. If things go great, then that’s awesome. Plus, I am sure you two will be able to work something out if the spark is there. By the sounds of all these damn questions, you really like her, and she could feel the same about you.” Emerson smiled, I looked out the window and hoped that what he was saying was a possibility. It would be nice to have someone to cuddle.  

“Who knows, she may even take you back to her place for a little sexy time.” He chuckled, then winked. Should I tell him that she’s still a virgin and lives with her parents? No, because if this turns into something more than friends, I’m willing to wait for her. He does not need to know that. 

“No harm in trying then, is there?” I grinned cheekily, there’s no harm in teasing him. Yeah, maybe this date is a good thing. 

“Just be a gentleman, no lady likes a playboy.” He added as we pulled up in the driveway of an incredibly old, big house. Wow, this looks nice. It is almost remarkably like the homestead. I see why Emerson loves it here, it reminds him of home. 

“No one can resist my charms.” I laughed and got out of the car. I can hear him grumbling about something as he got out and walked around to the boot to get our bags out. 

“That’s what I’m afraid of.” He shook his head and then tossed my duffle bag at me. I laughed and then followed behind him up to the front door. 

“I’m not sure if Nick’s home yet, he was going shopping with Lani.” He said as he unlocked the front door. When we walked in, I felt instantly at home. It is amazing how at home I feel here. It is weird. All the antiques and furniture, it is just like walking into grandmas’ house. 

“He was given this house by his dad and aunty. His grandparents owned it.” Emerson answered my question before I got to ask it. 

“I see why you like it here.” I smiled and continued to walk through the house. When we got to a beautiful archway, he stopped and then glanced my way before he walked into the room. 

“Hey Emerson, you’re back early.” A soft, almost angelic voice drifted through the house. One that took my breath away.  

“Yeah, and I have my little brother with me.” Emerson stated as I came around the corner and then stopped dead in my tracks.