A Mother Always Knows

1st September

Emerson's POV

Seeing the look on Matt's face when he saw the Harley for the first time was, perfect. I'm glad that he loved the work that I had done to it and I wish I could do another. So far, it has been a great day. Nicky and I got home late last night from our little anniversary get away. I was proud of him for not even having one drink while we were gone. Then we arrived at his parent's house for breakfast, and then we've just been hanging out there since then.

There was a surprise arrival, Cade and Ashtyn had their baby. He too is called Matthew and just holding a newborn was a scary thing. I thought I was going to break him. The house was packed with kids and I swear I had been getting them all mixed up. Besides Jaxon, I know who that little guy is, he sure does love to ask plenty of questions. Everything about Nick's family, I just love to death and for them to accept me like they have. I just still can't believe it.

It's tonight that I'm dreading. I'm going to my parent's place for dinner, that sure is going to be fun. My Dad can be a real asshole at times and he's expressed his thoughts about gays, quite frequently and distastefully. He's the main reason why I haven't told my family that I'm gay. It's the thought of what will happen once I do, and it does have me scared and petrified about coming out. I shouldn't have to feel that way about my sexuality, no one should.

"Everything alright, babe?" Nicky asked worriedly as I drove us home. I blinked a few times, and nodded, giving him a smile. My only wish is that I could take him back to my home town and show him off. Tell my family that this is the guy that has stolen my heart and that I'm madly in love with him.

"Yeah. Wish you were coming with me. I'm going to miss you while I'm gone." I glance his way and placed my hand on his that was resting on my thigh. It's the first time since we've met that we will be apart for more than a day. It's crazy how things have moved so fast with Nick. I sure as hell would not change a damn thing.

"So do I. I'll probably go sulk around at IsBell's the entire time." He laughed wholeheartedly, it sounded amazing when he did laugh like that. At least he feels the same way.

"I'm sure she'd enjoy that." I chuckled, seeing the two of them together is the funniest and cutest thing ever. The bond those two have is unexplainable and it does make me miss my little brother a lot more when they are together. Seeing Andy again is probably the only good thing about going back home tonight.

"Yeah well, it'll give Dec a chance to recoup from all the sex. I'm sure he'll would appreciate it the most." Nicky laughed, oh the stories I've heard about the baby making sessions. Izzy is very determined to get pregnant again and it's all she thinks and talks about. The triplets are so adorable, very full of energy and loud but I love those little guys.

"Shit, I have to go back to my apartment and pack a fresh set of clothes." I sighed with annoyance, that is going to be a pain in the ass. That'll mean less time with Nicky when we get back to his place. Or I could just take my bags that I took when we went away and get Mum to wash them for me. I'm sure she'd love doing that for her almost thirty-year old son.

"Why don't you just move in with me?" Nicky blurted out, I turned and looked at him, I was probably looking like a stunned mullet. Which of course made him chuckle nervously as I was now speechless.

"You don't have to. It was just a suggestion." He said quickly as he opened the car door once I had stopped in the driveway. My eyes followed him around the front of the car and the grin on my face was starting to spread. I want to live here, with him. I've been wanting to ask him about what we should do, I'm always here and sleeping over. It was bound to happen eventually. I just wasn't expecting it right this moment.