Doctor Taylor

October 9th

Nick's POV

As I'm nearing the end of studying for my Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, Ive finally decided on what area I want to focus my career on. It means that I have to do a few more years and so forth to gain more experience but I think it'll all be worth it in the end. Since Monday, I have officially started as an obstetrics and gynaecology student.

Doc Watson was also very happy to offer me a position at his clinic. So hopefully, if all goes well. I could end up working with the man that delivered me. Now, that does sound weird, but also kind of cool. He is such an awesome guy, and he is pretty much part of our family now.

Today is going to be a busy one. It's Wednesday and that means it's the second day of the prenatal clinic. It gets pretty full on in here on those days. Yesterday was crazy, so I'm expecting today being much the same.

"You know, it's possible for you to deliver your first baby today." Doc Watson said as he stacked a few files on the end of his desk. I looked over at him and grinned. That's what I've been waiting for. To help bring someone's baby into the world.

"I'm slightly nervous but excited at the same time." I replied as I sorted through the first group of women. These ladies are at the end of their terms, 38-42 weeks. Very close to the finishing line. So it is very possible for a baby to pop out today.

"I have faith that you'll be awesome and succeed massively, Nick. If you can do 2 years worth of study and cram it into 10 months, and sit at the top of the class. And don't forget all the high distinctions you've been achieved." My heart swells at the praise he's just given me. Trust me, those 10 months involved A LOT of sleepless nights.

The reason I wanted to do double the study, was to get it over and done with quicker. It's crazy but I've only got a few more months left. Otherwise I'd have another couple of years to go. Stuff that, I want to get into the action.

"Thanks Doc, that means a lot." I smiled and felt very humbled to be working along side this great man.

When I was looking at the appointment list and writing a couple of notes down, I noticed a very familiar name. Georgia Hart, 39w + 3 days. Looking through her hospital chart, I quickly browsed through her medical history and her current pre natal records. This one is going to be a tough one, especially since I know my brother will be accompanying her. I just hope it is just a quick check on her progress and send them home happy.

After I had prepared everything and also checked on the midwives that are working today, I headed out to the waiting room. I took a deep breath to try and calm myself. Yesterday I felt calm and confident, but knowing this patient, it's got me a little nervous.

"Georgie, you can come on through." I smiled brightly when I spotted her and Aidan. Just from the quick glance at my brother, I can tell that he's very anxious and worried. I'm hoping that he can get through this appointment without any panic attacks.

"Hey Nico, decided on being a obgyn then?" Aidan asked I led the both of them to the examination room. Since Georgie is full term, I'll be checking the baby's position and see if the baby has engaged and ready for birth.

"Yep, had an awesome offer and I took the opportunity. If you don't feel comfortable with me touching you, just let me know and I'll just observe." I looked at Georgie and hoped that she would agree for me to perform the exam. Every bot of experience I get, the more it helps me.

"I don't have a problem with that." she smiled and followed Aidan into the room.

"Before you sit down Georgia, make your way over to the bed so we can check if the baby has engaged yet. Just saves you getting up and down and won't wear you out before you leave." Doc Watson smiled and pointed over to the bed. Aidan not once letting her go, even as she tried to get comfortable.