Like A Tease

2nd May

Nick's POV

My eyes gazed out the large window, the city lights twinkling, the world just buzzing past. The arms of my boyfriend were wrapped around me tightly as he stood behind me. It's moments like this that you would think were amazing. In the arms of the man you love. Yes, I am in love with Emerson. And I have yet to tell him so.

If this was a better time and place, I probably would just whisper them to him right now. But it's not. It doesn't feel right, especially not here. In the hospital. It was only a few hours ago that all hell broke loose back at Mum and Dad's house. The news flashing horrible news that two police officers had been killed. Then it was all slow motion from there. Dad went down, then followed by Georgie. That sure was the scariest thing I had seen.

I was lucky enough to have caught Georgie before she hurt herself and the baby. My main focus was on her as Brax helped Dad. Seeing him getting CPR was not something I ever wanted to see. Mum was a mess and who would blame her. Her husband was pretty much dead on the floor, and it all happened in front of her.

What freaked us all out was when Aidan flew through the house, his eyes set on Georgie. We all had to take a double look, just to make sure we weren't seeing a ghost. Thankfully, we weren't. There was a huge mix up with the news reporters and they had somehow flashed on the tv that Aidan was dead. He's definitely alive.

Now we are waiting. Waiting for news about Dad and Georgie. I'm glad that I have Emerson here keeping me upright, because my knees still feel like jelly. I just hope that they are both okay, I don't think any of us would like to see how losing Georgie will affect Aidan. He has already lost one wife, and now his girlfriend and unborn babies lives are at risk. Mum would never recover if Dad passed away. I don't even want to think about it. Dad is the glue that holds this family together, as does Mum. We need both of them around.

"Do you want anything to eat, Babe?" Em whispered softly, his warm breath blowing lightly across the side of my face as he spoke.

"I'm not that hungry. You can go get something if you want." I turned my head slightly so I could see his face. He shook his head and just held on to me tighter. I would rather have a drink right now, but that is not going to happen. I'll have to save that for when I get home, like I was going to after the dinner Mum had almost cooked.

Another hour had passed, or that what it felt like anyways. Aidan was with Georgie and we had just been told that she was having contractions, plus high blood pressure. She should be alright, it's just a wait and see game to see if they stop or not. She'll miscarry otherwise. It was when the second lot of doctors appeared and found Mum. Telling her that Dad had made it through his surgery.

Dad needed to have a double bypass on his heart. That heart of his has been causing us all grief for a while, it was probably bound to happen. It was just lucky for him that he was able to get her quickly. Izzy was taking it hard she is Daddy's princess. Dec was trying his best to comfort her but from time to time she would burst into tears.

"I'm going to go talk to Mum for a minute." I said softly, as I glanced over to Mum, she was talking with Aunty Katie.

"Okay, I'm just going to head to the bathroom, I'll be back soon." Emerson let go of me and before he left, he kissed me softly on the cheek. I watched as he walked away, before going over to Mum. When I got there, they were talking about Dad and that they are only going to allow her in there with him tonight. She wasn't happy, she wanted us all in there and able to see him.

"Mum?" I whispered, she turned my way and wrapped me in a hug.

"Sorry that you can't see Dad yet." I could see that she was upset, but there's not much more we can do about it. He did just have his chest cut open and there's greater chance of infection. I can understand that.