Chapter 17

"Alpha Mine"

2012 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 17

Dava suddenly came awake with a start. Her breath came if short pants and the shirt she wore was soaked with sweat. It was a dream… all one big horrible nightmare that she wanted nothing more than to forget.

The dream had started off when she left Pack territory. She had been driving and didn’t have a clue as to where she was going to go. She took her eyes off the road for one second to change the radio station and when she glanced back up- it was too late.

The horrifying accident, the constant rolling of the car, the smell of acrid burning, the pain… the agonizing pain. She was going to die. She wanted to die, even begged for death to take her, then… there was an angel.

A beautiful angel that somehow saved her.

She could even remember the deep rumble of his voice and how when he spoke to her the tenor sound curled around her broken body like tiny wisps of swirling smoke, comforting her.

She remembered his warm, gentle touch and the way that the heat of his skin soaked into her every pore, singing her from the inside out, soothing her insecurities.

And then there was one more memory. That final memory that niggled in the back of her head right before she succumbed to that last deep slumber… a simple kiss.

A simple kiss that she felt all the way down to the her bones.

A mate’s kiss.

Her mate’s kiss.

Her mate was here… he found her- he saved her.

And none of this was a dream. It had been real.

Rapidly blinking her eyes, she pushed herself up on her elbow and tried to sit up. She moved way too fast for her overtaxed muscles and a sharp edge of pain sliced through what was left of her sleepy haze. An agonizing groan erupted from her mouth as she fell back down on the bed, biting her bottom lip against the tortuous wave as it rolled over her.

After several minutes passed, her body marginally throbbed with a constant dull pain that was nothing like the piercing agonizing ache that had plagued her only moments earlier.

Her mind slowly started to clear as the weight of her dream- no her reality began to settle around her.

She had a mate, a true mate. One that was destined by the Goddess to be her other half.

But she didn’t want a mate. Since she was merely a turned wolf, she never even expected to have a mate.

But the feel of that simple kiss on her skin, the undeniable heady effect that it had on her told her otherwise.

She did in fact have a mate. Even now, she could sense him. She felt a low hum in her blood that told her he was nearby.

She couldn’t do this- not now, not ever.

Fingers of panic began to set in, wrapping themselves tightly around her. She was in no shape to make any sort of escape. Physically, she was bound to this bed.

A mate would never let her go.

What was she going to do?

With her eyes squeezed tightly closed she tried to desperately recall where she was now. Her heart drummed fast in her chest, beating hard against her rib cage. “No, no, no. no….” she started to cry, tossing her head recklessly from side to side. This couldn’t be happening.