Chapter 25

“Alpha Mine”

2013 Copyright © All Rights Reserved

Edited By: LadyDawn

Chapter 25

He was tall, dark skinned and had a mane of flaming red hair that hung just below his shoulders.  Under the hooded, grassy green eyes he watched her as she sat at the kitchen table contemplating the man before her.  

There was something about him.  Something she didn’t understand.  Something she wasn’t even sure she wanted to understand.

For some wild and crazy reason she was drawn to this man like a moth is drawn to a flame.  This was insane she thought to herself.  He kidnapped her against her will.  For all intents and purposes, she should hate the man but for the life of her, she couldn’t drag her eyes away from him.  

“What is your name?” She asked him finally, cutting into the strained silence.

The large man leaned against the counter and stroked his chin thoughtfully.  “My name is Dylan,” he told her.  “Dylan Brennan.”

Tayla gulped.  Her skin starting to feel hot and prickly.  She shifted uneasily in her seat.  “Well big boy, maybe you could answer some questions for me.  Starting with where am I?  And why have you brought here?”

Dylan slowly grinned; the charming smile instantly melting her insides to mush. “Those are both good questions but baby,” he pushed himself off the counter and stalked towards her.  Leaning over her he placed both hands on the table, intentionally crowding her space.  “You’re at my house,” he told her, his gaze hungry.  “And I think you already know the answer to the second question.”

Chocolate.  The smell of warm chocolate teased her nostrils. She tried to look away from him.  Told herself this couldn’t be happening but it seemed as if her body and her mind were working on two entirely different wavelengths.  Her body just didn’t care what her mind thought.  All it wanted was to get closer to the man standing so close to her.

Tayla breathed in long and silent. His voice husky and low had a hypnotic quality that she was finding very hard to ignore.

“We’re mates,” he informed her, his expression surprisingly gentle and smooth.  

“No,” she cried, “it can’t be.”

“Yes,” Dylan breathed.  “You can’t deny what you’re feeling.  I can smell you. I can smell your arousal.”

“I already have a mate,” she protested weakly.  

“He’s not your true mate, baby, and you know it.  He can’t heat your hot little body the same way that I do, can he?”

“You don’t know me,” she said, closing her eyes.  He was leaning in closer to her now, just a hair’s breadth from her face and her pulse was skyrocketing.

“Do you like what you see?”

Tayla ran her tongue nervously over her dry lips. “You know I do,” she whispered.  “Why ask me that question?”

"Damn you, woman.” Dylan cursed.  “This is insanity, you know that, don't you? It wasn’t supposed to be like this?"

“Like what?” she asked innocently staring at his mouth.  Of course she knew what he was talking about but she wasn’t ready to admit it out loud.  She was still coming to grips with it herself.

There was silence again. The tension between them vibrating with intensity.

"You're tempting me," he warned her, his voice sounding strangled.