Chapter 15, Part 2

“Alpha Mine”

2012 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 15, Part 2

Logan gripped the phone tighter as he held it up to his ear and listened to the voice mail message for a second time. His phone had been going off for the last hour but after seeing the caller ID he refused to answer it. It was his mother and he figured she was probably wondering where he was.

As much as he loved her, he couldn’t tell her anything yet. Not until Adam and Dava were safely hidden away somewhere. He pledged his allegiance to Adam and he wouldn’t dare do anything to jeopardize him or his mate. They were all in a very delicate situation and until the situation improved, he would have to avoid his own family at all costs.

Pulling the phone from his ear, he pressed the end button and shoved it in his back pocket. After hearing what his mother had to say, he wanted to punch something. He could just imagine how Adam was going to take the news. He had known that Blake wanted Adam for herself but he never thought that she would stoop so low as to going around and falsely announcing a mating to the elders of the Pack that had never even taken place.

Mating’s were highly sacred to their kind. It was a union that was meant to last for an eternity and once a mating is sealed, there is no undoing it. It was a pairing that was forever in every sense of the word and to disgrace the ceremony was to disgrace one's self. It just wasn’t done.

Until now. Blake crossed the line this time. And all for what? Power? Status? Position?

Regardless of her reasoning, one thing was for sure. Adam would be one very pissed off werewolf when he told him the news.

There was no way that they could allow Blake to continue spreading this outrageous lie of hers. If word got around to other Packs that a mating had been completed between the Alpha son and a prominent female of the Pack, Adam would have a hard time refuting it without making his own Pack the laughing stock of the werewolf community.

Jerking open the door,Logan let out a slow breath and started down the hall towards the small room that Adam and Dava were resting in. He dreaded being the one to deliver the news but he didn’t have much choice in the matter. They had to take some sort ofaction and the sooner, the better.

Lightly tapping on the door to let his new Alpha know that he was entering, Logan braced himself for the inevitable. This was not going to be good; not good at all.

***

“Have you heard the news?”

Jason looked over the table at his father and raised a brow. “What news?”

“The news that the Alpha’s son has made a decision.”

Every muscle that Jason owned stiffened in response. His body was on full scale alert. He hadn’tseen Dava since their encounter first thing this morning and he couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong, terribly wrong. Making sure to keep his voice level he sat up straighter and turned all of his attention to his father. “And what decision would that be?”

His father neatly folded the paper he had been reading and sat it down on the kitchen table in front of him. “He’s mated now. The Pack’s future is as good as secured.”

Jason jumped up so fast from his chair that he sent it crashing to the floor. Slapping his palms face down on the table, all his previous calm pretenses went flying out the window. “He what?!”

His dad looked taken aback by his son’s abrupt response. Slowly he stood up and stared Jason square in the eyes, unwilling to back down an inch. “I said that he has mated." He narrowed his eyes. "Why does this suddenly bother you so much?”