(25)

The Original Bad Boy

Chapter Twenty-Five

I awoke in Kol's arms on the sofa wrapped in the same blanket I dropped on the floor as we had embraced hours earlier.

It was sweet, and tender and loving.

Raw emotion.

I underestimated how tired I was from everything that was happening recently, physically, emotionally and completely mentally exhausted.

I laid my head on Kol's chest, wrapped up in his entire being and soul, he looked so peaceful sleeping.

Nothing progressed too quickly of course, especially in the living room in the middle of the day with the likelihood of the whole crew walking in being pretty high.

If guaranteed otherwise I would totally go for it. I started to sit up and adjust my clothes that had twisted whilst I was sleeping and I felt Kol stir next to me.

He rubbed his eyes, groaned as he tousled his hair back to its normal-ish style.

But when his eyes met mine none of that mattered and I completely and instantly melted all over again, like snow would in the summer sun.

"Good afternoon," I yawned as I stretched out too.

"A very good afternoon," he replied as he pulled me back into him, "And I'm never letting you go again," he nestled his head into my hair and kissed my head.

"I warn you I can get pretty annoying after a while, is what you will be told by everyone else, but I'm actually an angel, I radiate goodness" I said confidently.

"Radiant, yes, angel, I still have that to find out," he smirked at me as he bought me closer, tipped my head up to his and crashed his lips into mine with so intensely it was almost like he was afraid I'd disappear if he let me go.

I didn't mind though, obviously.

I think I will always wonder what he's thinking, his thoughts, his emotions, his struggles, his triumphs, and his entirety.

He released me and just stared, brushing my unkempt sleepy hair delicately behind my ear.

"So, more importantly, what have I missed? I don't even know how long I've been out for!" I laughed.

His smile almost immediately faded and sadness washed over his face, his body shifted, he became more tense and avoided eye contact.

"Don't! I'm a big girl, I can handle anything, I'm still here,"

"You were out for a few weeks, okay, the witch.."

"Bonnie.."

"Yes Bonnie, tried everything but could only stabilise you, she couldn't wake you. I overheard her saying to the others that there was a block, like you were pushing everything back so nothing and nobody could get through. They couldn't understand why or what was happening, or if you were even going to wake up. That's why I came every day, I had kept up hope. I had hope that for the first time, in a really long time, that after I inflicted pain, that it would result in life and not death," he was crying at this point, singular tears streamed down his cheeks, but he was completely still.

A few weeks? I was expecting them to day that I was out for a few days at most at the rate I've healed in the past, not quite expecting him to say a few weeks!

"So! What did I miss then?"

"In a nutshell?"

"Yeah! I don't need many details, not a lot could've happened since I've been out," I laughed again as he replied with a deadpan expression and raised eyebrows.