(4)

The Original Bad Boy

Chapter Four

"What was that about this morning?" Rebekah asked whilst flicking through the clothes racks in the shop.

"What was what?"

"You forget that I can hear pretty much every conversation going on in my home," she mentioned.

"You mean with your annoying older brother? Nothing," I growled.

"We both seem have opposite perceptions of nothing,"

"He was messing around because he thinks I like him," I cleared up, whilst moving onto the next rack of clothes.

"And do you?"

"No!" I replied instantly, did she really think my standards so low?

"Do you find him attractive?"

"If I push past the fact that he's an egotistical vampire, then yes I do," I revealed.

"Just tell me if he steps out of line, I've been waiting for a good reason to have a go at him,"

"Oh I will," I reassured her.

We flitted through a few more shops, even though I had brought money with me, Rebekah still knew how to use compulsion well and used it all of the shops we went into, so we were currently in a coffee shop sipping our drinks.

I insisted on paying though because I'd otherwise feel bad about it, and no, I haven't completely turned off my humanity yet. It just creeps in sometimes more than it should.

"I think we bought too much," I assessed the mountain of bags next to us. Rebekah had bought more than me, and I had bought almost the same amount.

"You can never have enough clothes Harley, especially if you're a girl," she smiled, sipping her coffee.

"Well I going to have to put in a request for a bigger wardrobe at the Salvatore's if we keep shopping like this,"

"As long as the vervain keeps out of the water supply, I think its safe to say this is one one many shopping ventures," Rebekah confirmed.

"Good, I'm glad to hear it,"

"I've missed you, you know. Especially recently," she paused to think for a second.

"Did I just hear those words come out of your mouth? You don't miss anybody,"

"Yes, but I like you, rare occasion that it happens but I do," she revealed.

"I somehow feel honoured," I admitted.

"You should stay round mine tonight if tweedle dee and tweedle dum have a problem,"

"What? Damon and Stefan?" she nodded to my question. "Yeah, sure, why not. At least it means I won't have to wake up to Damon in my bed," she raised her eyebrows at me and smirked my way.

"What floats your hypothetical boat, or whatever people say these days," she said whilst setting down her coffee to look at me judgingly with a smile.

"It's nothing, we're just friends, I went to bed on my own and he came in and asked me why I was back, that's all," I cleared up.

"Okay if you say so, why are you back anyways?"

"Because I want to stay this time, and it's the same I told Damon, the world got boring. I feel like I've seen everything twice over," I explained.

"Just don't let slip that you woke up with Damon this morning,"

"Whys that?" I asked.

"Kol would go mad with jealousy," she teased. I threw one of the pillows on the sofa at her as we laughed it all out.