(7)

The Original Bad Boy

Chapter Seven

"Bethany..." I repeated myself.

"Bethany? That's all I get?"

"Considering the fact that you're supposed to be dead, yes, that's all you get," I snapped back.

"Thinking you'd miss me was silly, huh?"

"Of course I've missed you, every single second of every day that I've lived through without you," I explained to her, my eyes started to well up a little with tears. I shook them off, wiping my eyes with the back of my sleeve.

"Didn't come and look for me did you though,"

"Because I thought that you were dead!" I yelled back at her.

"You've settled down here then?"

"Just visiting a few friends for a while," I confirmed.

She stepped forward and came closer towards me, I was cautious though, she seemed stocked up with vervain bullets and I wasn't going to be making any life taking moves against her right now.

"Always the socialite,"

"I see that you're still wearing our bracelet," I noticed the yellow band that was still tied around her wrist.

"So?" she passed it off like it had no meaning.

I pulled back my jacket sleeve to reveal the small red bracelet with blue beads entwine with the thread, hanging now loosely on my wrist. She looked at my wrist with wide eyes, obviously surprised that I still have it on me.

"That's what I figured,"

"It doesn't prove or mean anything," she replied to me.

 It means everything, I thought to myself.

"So, vampire? I'm guessing of course," I asked.

"Yep, I've been watching over you and your whereabouts for a few years, just waiting for the right time to reveal myself,"

"But I don't understand, I watched you go and be happy and start a new life with, Robert? I think that was his name," I tried to process everything.

One part of me wanted to run up to her and engulf her in a massive hug but another part of me wanted to rip her to shreds for all the years that she'd kept hidden and never revealed herself.

"Ah yes, and Robert just happened to be the person who turned me,"

"I watched over you for a year and I saw no signs that you had been turned,"

"As lovely as this story is," Damon interrupted, pulling out another hidden bullet and screaming out in pain, "but I think that someone should leave,"

It sounds bad but I almost forgot that he was in the room with us, he'd been so quiet sat behind me of the chair, spread out and trying to rest.

"I'm not so sure someone else would agree with you there Damon," Bethany chipped in.

"Who invited you in anyways?"

"Damon did, after I vervained him, told him that I had you under lock and key and then said that if he didn't invite me in then I'd kill you," she explained.

"And you really fell for that?!" I turned to Damon with a questioning look.

"Risk taker or not, I didn't want to put your life in danger, you're welcome," He replied sorely.