(22)

The Original Bad Boy

Chapter Twenty Two

Damon's POV

I had my arms led out as she fell into my arms, her unconscious body led there helplessly as she felt heavier and heavier, like a rag doll with no strength. 

The blood soaking through her clothes like they were paper, her skin paler than usual.

"You.." I trailed off as I glared up at Kol. "I suggest you start running,"

"When? She came back and I never even knew," was all his reply was.

"I don't think that's any of your concern right now," I was angry now.

"I have just as much of a right to know, WHEN?" he yelled back. I snarled back and rushed over to hold him up to the wall by his throat.

"I think you gave up those rights when you battered her on the floor!" 

"Guys this is helping, we need to get her back home, we need to get her some help!" Elena interrupted. 

She's right, she's always right, Harley is my main concern right now. I dropped him instantly and rushed back to support her lying on the floor, there was no sign of movement and no sign of anything.

"We need to get her home," I picked her up in one swift movement and made my way towards the door.

"I'm coming with you, I demand it,"

"You demand it? She is unconscious and not responding, you really don't have the dominant power here buddy, you got here you get back all by yourself," I was too focused on Harley to start a fight right now. 

There wasn't enough time to mess around here, she's blacked out before, but drunk, not physically injured black out before. 

I can't lose her again, not again. 

Over and over and over again, but there's something wrong. 

She's had worse hit than this but she down and out for the count like she had been staked to the heart, but no signs of deterioration, no signs of death. 

But there something wrong.

"You need to leave. Now," I demanded to Kol. 

"She is just as much my responsibility as she is yours, I have done this to her and I should be the one to fix this!" I could hear the anger riled throughout his words. 

"You wanna help her? You need to stay as far away from her as possible, your little revenge act on me risked her life in the process, you got to know her sister just to hurt her, you haven't even looked for her whilst shes been gone for three months and now you wanna act like the hero, I don't think so pal," I now had him up against the wall but his throat, watching him squirm as I raged him from the inside out, I was too angry to take his feelings into consideration. 

I let him slowly slide down onto his feet and threw him across the other side of the room, boxes and lamps crashing to the floor. 

As soon as he was up he disappeared out of the room to god knows where.

"Are you okay?" Elena asks from behind me. 

I completely forgot she was still in the room. She approached me and caressed my cheek with her hand, her warm touch on my cold skin was comforting, almost dampened the rage inside me for a brief moment. 

And then I realised..

"What are you doing?" I asked imminently. 

"What do you mean?"