(6)

The Original Bad Boy

Chapter Six...

Flashback To 1823

"Harley!" I heard my mother call from inside the house.

"Yes mother?"

"Get in here now," She called out again.

She didn't sound in a very good mood, so I was hesitant to even go near the back door. But hesitant as I may be, I skipped along through the back door and into the kitchen where my mother stood.

"Yes mother?" I asked her as I hopped up onto the counter top.

"What's with all of this mess?" She motioned to the flour that was spilt all over the middle table and all over the nice clean floors.

"Some decorating?" I offered as an excuse for my mess.

"Harley Hope Stevens, you need to get this cleared up before your father get home from work," she told me sternly.

"Okay then Mama," I replied with a smile and pulling funny faces at her from where I was sat.

"Alright, go and play with your sister, I'll clear some of it up,"

"Thank you so much Mama," I squealed back at her with all my might.

"And get down from there, your too old to be sat on the kitchen top,"

"But I'm only ten years old and little sister is 8!," I replied to her with my pleading face.

"That's no excuse,"

"What's no excuse?" I heard a new voice enter into the kitchen.

"Father!" I squealed and ran up and into his arms.

"Hello little one," he greeted me whilst planting a kiss on my head.

"How was work today?"

"Busy, but what's this about an excuse?" he asked me, I blushed and held back an answer.

"Harley was sat on the kitchen counter, again," Mother chipped in.

"Now now, Harley what have we told you about that," Father said setting me down on the ground and bending down to my level.

"That it's a bad idea," I replied drearily.

"Good girl, now go and play with your sister in the garden, I'll call you when dinner is almost ready," Mother smiled at me as she tied her cloth around her waist.