(23)

The Original Bad Boy

Chapter Twenty Three

Harleys P.O.V

I don't understand how as a vampire that has lived for hundreds and hundreds of years, I could feel so incredibly crap. 

Having the absolutely living daylights knocked out of me just about did the trick. I have never felt like that in my however many years I've been alive, at least I know whoever did this could put up in a fight. 

But I couldn't remember a lot, all I remember is entering into an old house, Damon was there, and Elena but that all I remember. 

I felt myself waking up but I didn't feel like I could move my body, open my eyes or feel my lips move, I felt like I was stuck in a comatose state. 

But I could hear people around me, not talking but moving around the bed, watching me, observing my movements. 

I'd be a helpless wreck if I was about to be attacked.

"Here. How is she?" as I heard someone else enter the room, by the sounds of it with food or a beverage.

"Stupid question, do you want a stupid answer? No progress" I recognised the voices. I recognised the comment that was dripping with sarcasm. Damon?

"Well, at least she's breathing, she'll come round, you'll see"

"I'll see? Is that all you got? Best doting brother award goes to you all year round Stefan,"

"I know that you're hurting but I only came in to see how you were doing, not to have you almost bite my head off,"

"You weren't there brother, you didn't see her in that state, you have no idea how I feel," Damon sounded hurt, I wanted to flip the covers back, get up and tell everyone that I was okay and everything was okay. 

But I couldn't. 

I couldn't muster up the energy, its like my body has be completely drained of everything and all that's left is a shell and part of my consciousness. 

I wonder how long I've been out for?

"Have you seen him?" 

"He's stupid but he's proven me wrong, he's not been stupid enough to come here, if he was he'd be dead by now," Damon said as he slammed his drink down onto a nearby surface. 

Who are they on about? More drama to deal with when I wake up, maybe being in this bed for a bit has its perks.

"And what? Have the whole of the original clan hunt us down for killing one of their own, you need to think logically Damon,"

There was a pause of silence and all of a sudden it sounded like someone had thrown a glass as the sound of it shattering echoed throughout the room. 

Heavy breathing was all that followed and the storming out of footsteps from the room and the final slamming of the door. 

I was all alone. 

I could feel it, there was no presence of anyone else here, no sounds of breathing or footsteps anywhere in or near the room. It felt cold, like it was during the middle of the night, I was freezing but I couldn't lift the covers any higher. 

I really had hoped this isn't the way my story ends, being in a comatose state and not being conscious for the rest of my time on this earth wasn't exactly the plan. 

I started to think if I drifted off and tried to get some rest this was all just a bad day and I would wake up tomorrow fresh and ready. 

Before I could drift off soundly I heard a gust of wind I'm presuming from an open window, no wonder it was so cold in here, the curtain blowing against the ornaments and cabinets next to the window. 

Then there was someone there, heavy breathing. 

Almost like because my sight has been taken away everything else has been amplified even more by x1000. 

Whoever this was is trying to be quiet and doing a very good job but I can hear them moving, staring at me as they circle around the bed in and eerily slowly manor. 

I could feel their gaze upon my face getting closer and closer towards me and then a silent drop, like all of their body weight dropped to the floor and a slight pressure on the side of the bed next to my exposed arm. 

"Come back to me..." they muffled, almost like they were whispering into their hands. 

It was so quiet I couldn't quite make out the individual, all of the concentrating on my other senses was starting to give me a killer headache, making my head twinge in slight pain. 

"I'm sorry, for everything.." was what came next. 

This time a little louder but through, was that tears? I heard water drops onto the sheets, one after another continuously. 

This time they grabbed my hand in theirs and placed their wet lips upon the back of it and cradled it in their hand.

"I would do anything, you said you were always a fighter, prove it, please," he begged, the voice was becoming clearer now. 

It was too low of a voice for a female and the tone was completely different. I could feel him shuddering, as if he was crying. 

No, it couldn't be. 

Kol?

Why is he crying? and apologising? What the hell has he done this time?

"I just wish I wasn't so angry, so full of revenge, you wouldn't have been hurt, by me of all people,"

All of a sudden it came rushing back; scary Mary's house, Damon and Elena going into that room, Kol with the baseball bat and Kol beating me with it until I was almost pulp. 

Everything came back, scarily fast, and I felt everything, it was like my body was being beaten by that baseball bat all over again. 

I wanted to writhe around in my pain to make it stop but I still couldn't move my body, still completely still. 

I wanted to scream and let it all out, all of the pain, all of the anger and all of the misery. 

Suddenly a jolt ran through my body and I felt myself move, my eyes shot wide open and I bolted upright, shaking. 

I was out of breath and it was like I was waking up from a bad nightmare and I couldn't stop myself shaking. 

But all I knew was that I was awake. 

I remember everything.

And I was angry.