(13)

The Original Bad Boy

Chapter Thirteen

“Isn’t this fun? A little bit of sibling bonding time,” I said to Dean as we walked side by side whilst going down the high street with a few bags in hand.

“How is shopping for clothes considered bonding?”

“Because we’re doing this together, besides, it gives me an excuse to buy some more clothes,” I used as an excuse, he needed to learn.

“I don’t get styles these days; they’re all a bit bright and ghastly,”

“Don’t knock it until you try it,”

“You also have so many clothes already,” he moaned at me, stopping mid-way on the pavement.

I pulled him to the side a little so he was out of the way of everyone else trying to get past and on with their shopping. Dean hadn’t yet grasped the concept of courtesy, even though he’s been round long enough to know how to react to it, I think he secretly knew but he just didn’t care enough to act upon it. 

“You can never have enough clothes darling brother; you’ll soon learn that,” I explained.

We then stopped off to get drinks at a nearby café to go and made our way back to the boarding house after hitting a few more of the shops on the way, with clothes that I could just not resist, everything’s also a lot easier with compulsion on hand.

Making our way up the boarding house front steps, I could hear an all too familiar voice coming from inside, an unwanted one at that. She was probably trying to get Damon or Stefan to pay attention to her because she felt ‘deprived’ or something. I flung the front door open as it hit the wall with a loud bang.

“Now was that necessary?” I heard Dean mutter from beside me.

“Of course it was, what’s the point in this big doorway if you can’t make a big entrance,” I replied quietly. “Darlings I’m home!” I turned my head back round to shout into the rest of the house, dumping my bags in the hallway and continued on in..

“Great, just another reason for me to leave,” Damon said from the couch as I entered further into the house.

“Don’t pretend you don’t love having me around,”

“I wasn’t on about you,” he motioned to behind me.

“Hey, that’s my brother,” I whispered to him as he shrugged as a reply to it, as if my comment was irrelevant.

“Deany!” I then noticed Bethany when she let out a blood curdling shriek, as she ran up to Dean and flung her arms around his neck like she had done the day before.

I had never heard her call him this before today, but I guess there’s a first for everything at the moment, I’ve learnt that now, which sounds silly but true. I noticed that Dean had just stood still as a statue and not moved at all, not even to drop the bags on the floor.