About Mako Island and Strange Girls

The next morning, they all decided to explore the town and see if they could find anything about the island and if there's any information on the Grangers.

Andromeda had decided to look for a place to buy a car with Teddy, while Hermione and Harry headed to the police station. They agreed to meet in the library in about an hour or so.

Walking inside the police station, Hermione went to the desk, while Harry took in his surroundings. His Auror skills kicking in, looking for any potential trouble or danger. It doesn't help that he's never been to a police station in his life, nor encountered a policemen.

"Excuse me, officer?" Hermione begins, earning the attention of the man behind the computer.

"What can I help you with Miss?"

"Well...you see officer, I'm trying to find my parents. They came to Australia three years ago while I was away, and I don't know where they are anymore. They didn't leave an address as to where they were moving, but they're orthodontists."

"What are your parents names?" The officer asks Hermione.

"Wendell and Monica Gr--Wilkins." Hermione quickly corrects herself before the officer could notice anything.

"Wendell and Monica Wilkins...do you have any picture of them?" He looks at her again and then behind her, finally noticing Harry. His eyes narrow some as he takes him in. He notices how the young boy behind Hermione is taking in everything in the station. From the other policemen to the exits.

Harry turns to the officer attending Hermione and said officer is taken aback by not only the color of his eyes, but also what lies within. Behind Harry's green eyes, the officer saw pain, sadness and guilt. He saw eyes that have seen horrible things. He turns to the girl and notices the same look, though she's trying to hide it.

"Officer?"

He mentally shakes his head and looks at Miss Wilkins and looks at a picture in her hand before taking it and looking at it before nodding. "I'll put in a look out for your parents Miss. Do you have a phone number I could call you should to keep you inform of any progress?"

"Not at this point in time, we arrived yesterday." Hermione answers as she looks down and feels Harry hold her hand in support.

"Alright, just come see me or anyone here when you have a number we can reach you from."

"Thank you officer. Have a good day." With that, she turned around, Harry following.

"Sir! What is your name and your relation to her?"

Both freeze and Harry nods at Hermione before turning. "I'm here to help her find her parents. She's my best friend and she asked for my help, which I will gladly give." With that, they left, leaving a somewhat shocked officer.

It wasn't until they were out of the building that the officer realized he never got the young man's name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We might as well head to the library and get a head start about that island." Hermione suggests and they start to walk in the direction of the building. "I have to admit, this town is pretty nice. Everything is either in walking or biking distance."

"True, since neither of us know how to really drive." Harry adds with humor as they keep walking.

Around fifteen minutes later, they arrive at the building and head over to the front desk.

"Excuse me ma'am, where could we find information on that island that's nearby?" Hermione asks politely.

"You're not from around here are you?" The librarian asks as she takes in both of them.