Settling

After an hour layover, calming poor Teddy down and a light meal, they finally arrive at Australia.

Harry and Hermione let Andromeda deal with the documents while he calmed Teddy down, who was even more irritated due to the jump.

Soon after, they went to an office to register their wands before being able to leave and head towards their home for the time being.

Rather than using the Floo, they hailed a taxi and gave the driver the address. After he gives them a weird look, he starts the journey and the passengers look out the windows, taking in the scenery, Teddy giggling in glee the whole ride.

Harry was tempted to cast a Muffliato so they could talk without fear of being overheard, but abstained. The last thing he wanted was for their taxi to break down from magic usage. Instead he decided to talk about what to expect about their new home.

"What are you expecting once we get to the house Mione?"

"To be honest, if not easy access to the beach, a good view of it and could walk or bike over towards it. Bright and open concept as well." Hermione says with a smile, making Harry try and picture it but the only home he ever had was Hogwarts and Grimmlaud. Privet Drive doesn't count. In his eyes, it was never his home.

He figure the house would be bigger than the Privet Drive house, but not as big as Grimmlaud Place.

"Kreacher and Winky should be done with the furniture and groceries." Andromeda pitches in and turns to them. "We still need to buy more appropriate clothes for this weather for ourselves and Teddy especially."

"Clothes grammy?" Said boy asks as his hair changes from blue to dark green.

A little panicked, Harry leans to him. "Teddy, you know you can't use your gift in the Muggle world."

"Sorry Harry..." he says and his hair goes back to his normal blue. Even though he's almost three years old, Teddy was very smart and knew that his Metamorphic powers would worry or scare Muggles. Out of instinct, he avoided using them as much as possible. 

"It's okay Teddy. I'm not mad." Harry reassures him and kisses his head.

Harry was more than glad he isn't failing as much in the Dad department with Teddy. "How long until we get there Mione?"

"Around an hour, sadly."

Sighing, Harry sits straight and looks out one of the windows, watching the scenery pass by.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're here."

They get out and Andromeda pays the taxi driver and gives him a generous tip. The driver's dour mood vanishes and wishes them a good day before leaving them to take in the house.

 The driver's dour mood vanishes and wishes them a good day before leaving them to take in the house