A Lead

Harry, Hermione, Andromeda and Teddy haven't seen the girls for a few days now. After their talk, they had gone their own ways. The girls to digest the information given to them, and the magicals to continue the search for Hermione's parents.

They were driving towards Sydney once more, leaving Teddy with Winky and Kreacher for the time being, in the hopes that could find anything that the police had missed. A witness or any sort of sighting.

Hermione was slowly losing hope and was near giving up. The only thing keeping her going was 'I will find something today. I will.'

She had printed her own posters with her parents pictures, their names, along with a number to reach her for any information regarding their whereabouts or any sightings. They planned to pass them to people and have them on boards, posts, anywhere they could put them up.

So lost in thought was Hermione, she didn't realize they had arrived and were now parked. A hand on her shoulder brought her back. "Hermione, we're here. Are you alright?" Came Harry's voice as he looked at her with understanding, which she was thankful for. She couldn't stand pity, she didn't need it.

"I'm fine, thanks Harry." She gets out and after verifying she had everything, nodded and they all headed out.

The walked towards a busy street and go to work.

"Excuse me, have you seen this couple?"

"Have you heard about these people, Mr. and Mrs Wilkins?"

"Please, could you help me find these people? They're my parents and I don't know where they are."

Not many paid them any mind, but slowly some started to look at the people in the posters and then started to take them. They kept asking and handing out the posters for another two hours or so before deciding to stop and move locations.

Rather than driving, they walked and put up the posters in areas that it was allowed and handed some to people passing by.

They make it to a shopping district and decide to split up to cover more ground and meet by the cafe they stood in front of.

Hermione kept asking for information of any sort. Sadly, unlike before the people here didn't really take a second glance at her, bar some teenage boys who were simply checking her out with no interest of what she was doing.

Her mind began to wander, doubt taking hold. Her body goes on autopilot, something that hasn't happened in years, and keeps talking and trying to hand out the posters yet her mind is elsewhere. To the days were she and her parents lived together and were happy.

She remembered how happy they were as she started school, how proud they were when they found out she was brilliantly smart. She remembers when they tried to lift her spirits and stop her tears when they were told of her being bullied. Their concerned faces when she stopped trying to make friends and instead locked herself in her room to read, and the most mind boggling news ever. When they were told Hermione had magic, that she was a witch.

Her parents were dubious, but of course after a demonstration from Prof. McGonagall and having them think back to when strange things happened when Hermione was mad or sad, they started to accept it as true. Hermione thought she would finally fit in, only for her hopes to be dashed fairly early on.

Why would no one be her friend? Why did the girls worry over silly little things like makeup and fashion and boys? They were eleven! What was wrong with being ahead in her studies? Why did they single her out?

She could tell her parents were worried about her even though she sent letters telling them she was fine. Hermione was in the mindset that she should leave Hogwarts, that the teasing and the tears weren't worth it. Then, she was almost killed by a troll, only to be saved by the very same boy that caused her to hide and cry, and Harry Potter.