Chapter ∞ Eighteen

*Maddie's POV*

"Well it could be worse." Michael said and giggled.

"True. At least I'm stuck with you." I said and smiled at him and he smiled back. We stayed like this for a while and then we both looked at the ground.

"Well..since we're stuck in here for a while I guess it's a good opportunity to talk to you about something that's been on my mind for a while now but I never really found the right time or right way to tell you this..." Michael started, took a deep breath and sat down next to me.

"Uhm okay should I be scared?" I asked a bit worried.

"No, no it's a good thing..well I think." Michael said, looking me nervously into my eyes.

"Spit it out Mikey. You know you can tell me anything." I said and smiled slightly at him.

"I...I don't really know how to start. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for acting like a jerk the last few times we were together. And I'm also really sorry that I dated Katy." he started.

"Wait dated?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah I broke up with her. Luke told me what she'd done to you. And he and the others also helped me clear up my mind."

"About what?"

"About you. This is gonna take a while to explain so please let me finish before you say something." he said in a serious tone which worried me a bit more.

"Okay.." I said, still confused.

"Maddie I like you. And I mean..I really like you. The more we hung out together the stronger my feelings got for you. I realised that when the boys and I were in the studio and you watched us. But I knew you didn't feel the same way so I had to find something to distract me. That's why I went to a club, had sex with Katy and started dating her. To forget you. But I didn't realise that. At the party a few days ago though, when Ashton kissed you, he knew exactly what he was doing even though he was hella drunk. He knew I was standing in the doorway and he also knew that I liked you more than just a friend. That's why he kissed you. He wanted me to finally accept the fact that I fell for you. And god, I really fell for you. I can't stop thinking about you anymore. You are on my mind all the time. I felt horrible and that's why I'm telling you all of this now. I'm so sorry for being such an asshole. I tried to hide my feelings but I just can't keep it up anymore. Maddie, I really like you more than just a friend and I can't change it anymore, no matter how hard I try."

After Michael's long speech I was stuck for words and just locked eyes with him. This explained everything. Katy, the kiss. Everything. I.. I can't believe Michael liked me in that way. Guys never really paid attention to me at all and now this.

"Please say something, I can't take this anymore." Michael brought me back from my thoughts, having the cutest look on his face, like a little kitten. We looked in each other's eyes for a while but then I couldn't wait any longer. I slowly leaned closer to him, putting my right hand on his cheek to get him closer to me and then pressed my lips onto his. He kissed me back instantly and my body went crazy. I felt goosebumps everywhere and fireworks were exploding in my stomach. Our lips moved in sync perfectly. I wish this moment could last forever but we had to get some air after a while so we separated our lips again.

"Maddie I...does this mean you-" Michael started but I cut him off.

"Shit Michael yes I really really like you. I..I can't believe this is happening right now." I said and smiled at him.

"Me neither..wow I'm speechless. I'm glad you feel the same way Maddie or else this would've been really awkward." he said as he took my hands in his hands.

"I'm glad as well. I know we haven't really known each other for long but I've had these butterflies in my stomach everytime we spent time together ever since I met you. You make me so happy. This is so unreal..." I said, still smiling at him. He leaned in, reconnecting our lips again and it felt just as amazing as the first one. Suddenly we heard the door open and leaned back in shock.

"God finally." Luke said, standing at the doorway with Ash and Cal.

"You two are so cute, holy shit I'm so glad you finally admitted your feelings to each other." Ashton added.

"Me too. But I'm also glad that we found you. What the fuck did you guys take so long?" Calum said as Michael and I walked over to them.

"I was stuck in here and when Michael checked on me he closed the door as well so we were stuck in here together." I said and let out a small giggle.

"How romantic." Luke said, nudging me into my arm as we walked back into the living room. I couldn't help it and blush. Luke knew me so well so he was probably the first one to see that I liked Michael. I was so glad that Michael lost Luke at the concert or else nothing of this would be happening right now.

As we entered the living room again, we all sat down on the ground except for Luke. He walked over to a drawer next to the TV and grabbed a few xbox controllers, passing them over to the rest of us.

"I'm sorry but there can only play four people at a time and we're five." he said, not knowing what to do now.

"I'll pass." Michael said next to me.

"You? The Michael Clifford, champion of video games?" Calum asked. They were all clearly surprised by Michael's action.

"Yes. I wanna see how good Maddie is." he said and smiled at me.

"OT fucking P" Ashton said and we all chuckled.

"Wait what does that mean?" Luke asked which caused us to laugh really hard now.

"You should try out that cool website called google, you know?" I said and grinned at him.

"Okay, I'll do that later but now I wanna run you all over at mario kart." he said and started the game. We were all covered in our blankets, sitting next to each other on the floor on even more blankets. Michael was left to me, Luke, Ashton and then Calum were on my right.
In the middle of the game Michael suddenly put an arm around me so I could cuddle into him while playing. And I did. I felt his warm body pressed against mine and the butterflies came back again. We were all laughing and screaming at each other a lot during the game. So to sum up: we had a lot of fun. I was actually really good at mario kart. Luke won and I was close behind him and Michael was really proud of me. At least that's what he'd told me.

"What now?" Cal asked as we ended the game.

"I don't know. I got actually a bit tired to be honest." Ashton answered at first.

"Yeah me too." I agreed.

"Well then let's just lie down and talk for a bit till we fall asleep." Luke suggested, turning the xbox and the TV off and putting the controllers back into the drawer. We all agreed to do so and were soon lying in our places. We stayed in that order in which we sat earlier. I turned my body around so I'd look at Michael and he looked at me.
We all talked about random stuff but soon Calum said he wanted to sleep now and the other boys did as well so it got really quite. Michael and I, on the other hand, didn't want to sleep just yet. We just stared in each others eyes without saying a word for a while.

"If I asked you on a date, would you say yes?" Michael suddenly whispered, just loud enough for me to hear.

"Are you asking me out?" I asked him and smiled.

"Are you saying yes?" he asked back, smiling as well.

"Definitely." I said and smiled even wider.

"Thank you. I wanna take you out for dinner tonight, do you have time?" he asked. First I didn't get it but then I looked at the time and saw that it was already 2.17am.

"Sure. I can't wait."

"Great. Now let's get some sleep so we'll be fit for our first official date." he said and put his arms around my body.

"Good idea. Goodnight Mikey." I said, wrapping my arms around his body as well and cuddled into him. Again.

"Goodnight Maddie." he said, kissed the top of my head and then we both drifted off to sleep.

*Author's note*
YAY THEY KISSED