Chapter ∞ Two

*Maddie's POV*

"Maddo?" Luke responded, looking just as confused as I did. And he called me by the old childhood nickname he gave me and I felt how my heart melted.

"I- wow. I didn't think I'd see you again. Especially not today." I said and giggled. God I wish I could hug him right then and there but Luke showed no emotions at all.

"Me neither. What happened to Michael?" he asked, looking from me to Michael and then back to me again.

"He was looking for you the whole day. We met again inside and he drank a few beers and couldn't walk anymore so I thought I'd help him get to the car." I said.

"Oh. Okay, thanks" he said and slighty smiled at me. He walked over to me and helped Michael get into his car.

"I better bring him home now." he said, leaning against his car.

"Yeah. It was nice to see you again." I said as I smiled at him and then I walked away and he got into his car and drove off.

I walked to my car as well and headed home again.

"Hi sweetie, how was the concert?" my dad said as I entered the house. He was sitting on the sofa in the living room and I joined him.

"It was great." I said in all honesty. I didn't really want to tell him about meeting Michael and Luke. He would just freak out and get mad at me for talking to strangers.

"Is there anything else you want to tell me? I can see that you're hiding something." he said and had a worried look on his face.

"A guy was looking for his friend when I was waiting in line and we met again in the venue. He was really nice but he drank too many cups of beer so he got a bit drunk. He told me where his car was and where his friend would be waiting and I helped him to get there. His friend turned out to be Luke." I explained him. There was no need to lie now. He knew me too well anyway.

"You mean Luke as in your best friend from Australia?" he asked and rose his eyebrows.

"Yes. I was so happy to see him again but I don't think he was though. But it doesn't matter, I probably won't see him and Michael again." I said and smiled slightly.

"Don't be sad hun. Everything will turn out how it's meant to be." he said and gave me a quick hug.

"I'm going to bed now. See you tomorrow" I said as he let me go again and stood up.

"Actually you won't see me tomorrow. My boss called me and told me I had to work tomorrow. I'm sorry." he said with an apologetic look on his face.

"Oh. It's okay I guess since I got to see you for a bit now." I said and fake smiled.

"Sleep tight." is all he said and then I walked up the stairs and into my room. I closed the door, put off my shoes and fell down on my bed.
Today was kinda crazy. I met Michael who turned out to be friends with Luke. Luke, who used to be my best friend back in Australia. I thought I'd never see him again. He never called or texted me and neither did I. I thought he'd hate me and wouldn't answer anyway so I never tried. But I regretted it so much.
Now that I've seen him today, all the beautiful memories came back and I felt a tear rolling down my cheek, followed by more. God I missed that boy so much but he still hated me for moving so far away.
Between all these thoughts I somehow managed to fall asleep.

The next morning I was hella confused because I was still wearing my clothes from yesterday and my pillow was a bit black from the makeup.
What confused me even more was the fact that my ringing phone woke me up. Nobody ever called me on weekends. Not even my best friend Jenny since she's with her boyfriend all the time. Not that I'm not happy for them but I kinda miss my best friend.

I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and looked at the caller ID.
A number which I've never seen before popped up. Great. Someone probably tried to prank call me but I picked up anyway.

"Hello?"

"Hi. Uhm this is Michael. I don't know if you can remember me. I'm that dude from the ATL concert." a familiar voice talked nervously through the phone.

"Of course I remember you. I wasn't the one who was drunk yesterday after all." I said and chuckled and I heard him giggling along with me.

"Yeah about that.. I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go and get some ice cream today? I kinda feel bad and wanted to thank you so I asked Luke if he had your number and he gave it to me."

"Oh. Yeah okay I'm in." I said and a smile crept up on my face even though he couldn't see me. Not only Michael's idea made me smile but also the fact that Luke still had my number after all this time.

"Great. Text me your address and I'll pick you up at 1pm"

"I'll do that. See ya later." I said and then hung up. Wow. I seriously didn't expect to see him again. But I guess I was wrong. I saved the number as 'Michael :)' into my phone and texted him my address. It was already 11.47pm so I walked downstairs to eat a bit and afterwards I got ready.

I took a shower and also washed my hair because it still smelled like smoke from yesterday's concert. I blow dried my hair afterwards and put it into a messy bun. I got dressed into some high wasted light blue short and a plain white tank top. It was pretty hot outside today so I thought I'd wear shorter things. I put on some mascara and my black converse again, grabbed my phone, my keys and some money and then walked downstairs.
Just as I got off the stairs the doorbell rang and I walked to the door.

"Hello there. Ready to get some ice cream?" Michael said and had a big grin on his face. He looked so cute. Wait. Did I really just think that?

"Yes mister." I said and smiled back at him. I walked out the front door, locked it and then we both started walking.

*Author's note*

to be continued... ;)