Prologue

Do you ever feel like you're worthless?
Like your life doesn't make sense anymore?
Do you ever ask yourself, why you're still alive? Still breathing in the air on this planet earth?

Because I know I do.

I did it way too often actually.
I cut myself.
I thought about commiting suicide.
But I never actually did it.
I was too scared to do it.

My name is Maddison Smith but the few friends I have call me Maddie. I'm from Sydney, Australia but I live in Los Angeles now. My dad and I moved here after my mom died about 10 years ago.
That's when my depression started.

I didn't want to accept the fact that mom was gone. We had such a close relationship to each other. I told her everything. And then, out of nowhere, she's gone.

I refused to eat and locked myself into my own room for days.
That's probably why I'm so thin.

After the worst was behind me, after a month of staying at home, dad sent me back to school even though I didn't want to go at all.

People bullied me.
They said I was way too thin and looked ugly, lifeless even.

You can imagine how hard my life was when I was only 8. It sucked. It literally sucked.

I told my dad what had happened and he told me that he got a great job offer in the US. He said we could start over on another continent.
And I agreed.

I didn't have really close friends at school back then except my best friend Luke. He had a blonde fringe and the most beautiful blue eyes you could ever imagine.
We were like Spongebob and Patrick.
Inseparable.
We made so many funny memories and told each other every single secret. I even told him about the love letter I got from a boy in my class named Michael. I didn't even tell that my mom, only Luke. I trusted him so much.

But then I told him about my plans about moving away and he got mad. He didn't talk to me for two weeks and then I moved away. I was sad that he didn't even come to say goodbye. But I guess it was easier to forget him that way.

Now I live in LA. I found a few friends at school but my closest friend is Jenny.
But ever since she got together with James we aren't that close anymore. She hangs out with her boyfriend more often than with me so I never really have anything to do after school except for my job.

I love music more than anything so I'm really glad that I get to work at a music shop that sells instruments and CDs as well.

My dad got me the job a year ago. He thought it would distract me from my sad thoughts.
And he was right.

So yeah that's pretty much my life.
Pretty boring, huh?

*Author's note*

new fanfic ayyyyyeeee
a few nights ago I had the idea for this fanfic so yeah
I hope you liked the prologue
more to follow soon ;)