Chapter ∞ Five

*Michael's POV*

After Maddie left to look after Luke everyone got hella confused to why she did this.

"Why did she go after him? She just met him, that doesn't make sense at all." Calum said. Our moms were in a deep conversation so they didn't hear what we were talking about.

"They knew each other already when I introduced them to each other. But Luke acted really strange around her, I don't know." I said and shook my head slightly.

After I said that we heard the front door open and close and I knew it was Maddie. I jumped up and walked up into Luke's room.

"What the fuck happened? Why did Maddie go home without even saying goodbye?" I asked Luke angrily. Only a few seconds later the other guys came into the room as well and closed the door behind them.

"Dude what's wrong?" Calum said, noticing that Luke had tears in his eyes.

"Damn I can't get out of this now, or?" Luke said and sighed. We all shook our heads and sat down on Luke's bed, him following our movements and sitting down with us.

"Maddo..I mean Maddie and I used to be best friends when we were younger. Nothing could tear us apart. We went to school together and everyone was jealous of our friendship. She told me all her secrets and I told her mine. We were inseparable.
But one day she stopped going to school and I got worried. I wanted to visit her but her dad never let me in. After about a month she came back to school and god, she looked so fucking thin. It seemed like she hadn't eaten for that whole month and people bullied her. I tried to protect her but they still wouldn't stop.
The following week she told me that she'd move to the US and I got so fucking mad. But after thinking a lot it turned into pure sadness. I couldn't look at her without crying so I never talked to her again. And then she moved away. And so did half of my heart." Luke said with tears rolling down his face.

"Shit Luke I'm so sorry." Ashton said and hugged him.

"Wait...is her full name Maddison Smith?" I asked confused and Luke nodded.

"Oh my god I had the biggest crush on her. She was like my first crush ever, I even wrote her a love letter." I said and looked shocked but had a smile on my face.

"Oh yeah I can remember that. She let me read it and she was so happy about it. She loved the letter and liked you as well but was too shy to talk to you." Luke said now smiling between his tears.

"Damn the world is so small." Calum said which caused us all to giggle.

"I don't think she knows who I am though." I said as soon as it was silent again.

"Who would? You look way better now. If she already liked you back then with your fringe and all then she definitely likes you now as well." Ashton said and I smiled and shook my head slightly.

"Oh come on Mikey, we know you like her. As soon as you got home from that concert you couldn't stop talking about her." Calum said and laughed.

"I don't care. I don't want to stay in contact with her if Luke doesn't want me to." I said, now looking at Luke.

"It's fine Michael. I just.. don't bring her home too often." Luke said and smiled.

"Wait. What even happened between you two today?" Ashton asked Luke.

"I told her how she broke me and that I don't want to see her again and then she ran away, crying." Luke said and shrugged.

"Shit Luke didn't you see the cuts on her wrists?" I said and jumped up from the bed.

"What do you mean?" Luke said with a worried and confused look.

"She cut herself a lot. I'm scared that she'll do it again now I have to go and check on her." I said and walked out of the room and then out of the house, leaving 3 worried boys behind me.