Chapter ∞ Six

*Maddie's POV*

The next day I woke up to my phone ringing. I turned off my alarm and took a quick shower. I got dressed for school, grabbed my bag and went downstairs. As I walked to the front door I saw a note on it.

"I made you an iced coffee because I know you only like that kind of coffee :)
It's in the fridge. I wanted you to have at least something for breakfast!
Have a nice day x

- love, dad"

Damn my dad knew me so well. I quickly went to the kitchen and then grabbed the coffee out of the fridge. Then I walked out of the house and headed to the bus stop. As soon as I finished my coffee the bus arrived and I got onto it. I listened to music with my headphones for the whole drive, like always, and didn't talk to anyone. About ten minutes later the bus arrived at the school and everyone got off. I walked into the large building and straight to my locker.

"Hi Maddie, how was your weekend?" Jenny asked me as she met me at my locker. Her locker was the one next to mine so I wasn't really surprised to see her.

"It was...different?" I said, not sure how to answer. I normally said it was okay but the past weekend was definitely one to remember.

"Whoa a not so usual answer, what happened?" she asked and smirked.

"I went to the ATL concert and met some people." I said and smiled. I didn't want to tell her everything because I knew she didn't care that much about me anymore. Her boyfriend was way more important now. Speaking of the devil...

"Hi babe, hi Maddison." James said as he walked up to us and kissed Jenny. And I swear they never stopped. So I just awkardly walked away.
The whole school day was boring as always but it kinda really passed fast since I had something to look forward to: Michael.

After the last lesson I walked out of school without even waiting for Jenny. I always waited for her after school because we'd drive home with the same bus but she was late the last few times because she was making out with James so I didn't care today. I looked around and then saw Michael leaning against a car as he smiled at me and waved. I smiled back at him and walked up to him.

"Hi." I said and he pulled me into a hug.

"All the people are gonna be jealous now because such a good looking guy is picking you up from school." he said and winked at me after we stopped hugging.

"You're an idiot." I said and laughed at what he said.

"But a hot idiot." he said and giggled. I hit him jokingly in the chest and then walked around the car and got into it.

"Where are we going to eat?" I asked Michael as soon as he started the car.

"Some italian restaurant. They have the best pizza."

"YES PIZZA," I cheered a bit too loud which caused Michael to laugh.
I felt my phone vibrating, telling me that I had received a text message so I put out my phone and looked at it.

from Jenny: DUDE WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT YOU MET A HOT GUY AT THE CONCERT???

I laughed at her text. She probably saw how I walked over to Michael and figured out that I met him at the concert. I didn't reply because I'd call her later and tell her everything.

"We're here." Michael said as he parked in front of a restaurant.

"Yaay." I said and then we both got out of the car. We went inside and sat down on a table for two. The restaurant was basically all white except for the light brown floor, an italian flag on the ceiling and a few plants.

"Ciao my two love birds. What would you like to order?" a really old waitress asked us as she stood next to our table with a notepad and a pen in her hands.

"Actually we're not dating." I said and blushed a bit.

"Well if you're not right now you probably will soon. You two would look so cute together." the old lady said and smiled.

"Thanks. I'd like a coke please." Michael said and smiled back at the lady.

"Me too please." I said and the woman nodded and walked away.

"That was kinda cute." I said and giggled.

"Yeah." Michael said as he stared at me.

"Why are you staring at me?" I said and giggled again.

"I'm not." he said and looked down on the table.

"Yes you were." I said and poked Michael into his left cheek.

"I just.. you still look the same. I mean.. you're still pretty like you were back in primary school..maybe even prettier." he almost whispered as he looked at me again.

"Wow uhm..thanks. I would say the same but you actually changed a lot. I mean, you have way better hair now and you're all grown up and stuff. I like it." I said and smiled at him. He smiled back at me and we just sat there like this for a while till the old lady came back with our drinks.

"Here you go. What would you like to eat?" she said after she put the cokes on the table.

"A hawaii pizza and a peperoni one please." Michael said and then the lady disappeared again.

"How did you know I want a hawaii pizza?" I asked confused.

"Remember when we were on that school trip and ate at a pizza place? I remembered that you ate hawaii pizza there." he said, smiling proudly.

"Aww damn I didn't think you'd remember that." I said and giggled a bit.

"Well what can I say.. I had a really huge crush on you back then and kinda stalked you." he said and laughed.

"That's cute..I guess?" I said and then we both laughed. We kept talking about random things like this for the whole time. Even when the pizzas arrived we didn't shut up.

"God that was amazing but I'm about to explode." I said after I finished my pizza and rubbed my stomach.

"I feel you." Michael said and did the same. After that the old woman came again and Michael paid for everything, again. And then we headed to Michael's car.

"Why did you pay for my things as well? You didn't owe me anything anymore." I said as we sat down in the car.

"I was the one who invited you and I didn't want to be rude and let you pay." he said and smiled at me and then started the car.

"Thank you. You're a gentleman." I said and chuckled which caused him to chuckle as well.

"Do you want to come inside?" I asked him as we reached my house.

"Why not?" he said and then we both left the car and walked into the house.

"What do you wanna do?" I asked him as we walked into my room.

"I don't know, it's your house." he said as he shrugged.

"We can listen to music and talk?" I asked and then he nodded and we both sat down on my bed.

"What do you wanna talk about then?"

"Tell me more about your band" I said and smiled. He told me a lot of stories about his band and it was really funny. We laughed a lot but the time passed way too fast and Michael had to go home already.

"I'll text you." he said and then we hugged. And god, I loved his hugs. I wish I could stay in his arms forever to be honest.

"Okay." I whispered into his chest.

"I'm glad I found you at the concert." he said and hugged me even tighter.

"Me too." I said and then he let go and went home. I loved spending time with him. It felt so good to have a friend that cared about me as much as I cared about him.

*Author's note*
Idk why I added that song tbh but I like :)
hope you enjoyed the chapter